• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

U-23

Bringbackbondy

Cricket Spectator
Would love to see everyones U-23 squads, just too see the talent coming through from each country.

I'll start off with the West Indies.

1. Kraigg Brathwaite
2. Adrian Barath*
3. Darren Bravo
4. Kieran Powell
5. Chesney Hughes
6. Yannic Cariah
7. Devon Thomas (wk)
8. Andre Russell
9. Jason Holder
10. Kemar Roach
11. Veerasammy Permaul

12. Andre Creary

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Assuming this is for a five-day game:

1. Phil Hughes
2. James Smith
3. Michael Hill
4. Chris Lynn
5. Nic Maddinson
6. Matthew Wade (wk)
7. Steven Smith
8. Mitchell Starc
9. Nathan Lyon
10. Josh Hazlewood
11. James Pattinson

12. Sean Abbott
13. Ben Dunk (wk)
14. Ryan Duffield
15. Jon Holland
16. Mitchell Marsh

Holland, Lyon and Wade are actually all already 23. Depends where you draw the line. If they're all ineligible then Dunk and Abbott/Duffield/Marsh come into the eleven.

Cummins is also worth putting forward.

Last edited:

Bringbackbondy

Cricket Spectator

1. Phil Hughes
2. James Smith
3. Michael Hill
4. Chris Lynn
5. Nic Maddinson
6. Matthew Wade (wk)
7. Steven Smith
8. Mitchell Starc
9. Nathan Lyon
10. Josh Hazlewood
11. James Pattinson

12. Sean Abbott
13. Ben Dunk (wk)
14. Ryan Duffield
15. Jon Holland
16. Mitchell Marsh

Holland, Lyon and Wade are actually all already 23. Depends where you draw the line. If they're all ineligible then Dunk and Abbott/Duffield/Marsh come into the eleven.

I personally decided to not include guys like Kieron Pollard, Nelon Pascal etc but if you want to include Mathew Wade, Lyon and Holland then it really doesn't matter to me. Obviously their are others like Usman Khawaja, Martin Guptill who will play 10years + for their countries but I've always enjoyed making teams with some kind of limit.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I personally decided to not include guys like Kieron Pollard, Nelon Pascal etc but if you want to include Mathew Wade, Lyon and Holland then it really doesn't matter to me. Obviously their are others like Usman Khawaja, Martin Guptill who will play 10years + for their but I've always enjoyed making teams with some kind of limit.
Khawaja's 24 now though; the three I mentioned are 23 years and X days. Under-age comps have funny limits sometimes; players have played the Under 19 World Cup after they've turned 19 for example. I'm just not quite sure how it works; that's why I included extra squad members.

Bringbackbondy

Cricket Spectator
Khawaja's 24 now though; the three I mentioned are 23 years and X days. Under-age comps have funny limits sometimes; players have played the Under 19 World Cup after they've turned 19 for example. I'm just not quite sure how it works; that's why I included extra squad members.
I don't personally mind if people decide to include 23 year olds i just decided not to and yea i've never known what the cut off to play for the u-19 teams are. Watching the U-19 world cup last year i saw a lot of 20 year olds from associate countries.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Bending the rules etc...cheating Aussie etc...:ph34r::ph34r:

Reevo

Cricket Spectator
India. For the longest format.

1. Abhinav Mukund
2. Shreevats Goswami (wk)
3. Virat Kohli
4. Mandeep Singh
5. Manish Pandey
6. Saurabh Tiwary
7. Ashok Menaria
8. Iqbal Abdulla
9. Deepak Chahar
10. Bhargav Bhatt
11. Ishant Sharma

12. Ravindra Jadeja
13. Kedar Devdhar
14. Tanmay Srivastava
15. Pradeep Sangwan
16. Dhawal Kulkarni

The batting looks splendid. The bowling could use some work, but the potential is definitely there. Wouldn't change much for the LO formats. Probably Mayank Agarwal in for Kedar Devdhar.

Howe_zat

Audio File
England:

Lyth
Smith
Hamilton-Brown
Taylor
Stokes
Bairstow / Keiswetter
Rashid
Woakes
Buck
Briggs / Harris
Finn

Edit: Have read the thread and some of these are actually 23. Can't remember which ones though, so can't be arsed to change it really.

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
New Zealand

jeet raval
Andrew de Border
Williamson
George Worker
Harry Boam
Corey Anderson
Austin Smellie
Doug Bracewell
tim southee (captain)
trent boult
Nick Beard

all players under 23 :)

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
Overload of all-rounders in that NZ XI tbh... 3-6 all are all-rounders, and de Boorder bowls part time too :p

Julian87

State Captain
Lyon would be in under 23s this year tbh. 23 after the ridiculous September date or whatever it is.

Always thought the age group date should be June 30th.

Jacknife

International Captain
England:

Lyth
Smith
Hamilton-Brown
Taylor
Stokes
Bairstow / Keiswetter
Rashid
Woakes
Buck
Briggs / Harris
Finn

Edit: Have read the thread and some of these are actually 23. Can't remember which ones though, so can't be arsed to change it really.
Could put James Vince and Jos Butler in with those.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
A Bangladesh Under-23 side almost looks like the ODI team

1. Tamim Iqbal (21)
2. Junaid Siddique (23)
3. Raqibul Husan (23)
4. Asif Ahmed (18)
5. Shakib Al Hasan (23) C
6. Sabbir Rahman (19)
7. Musfiqur Rahim (22) WK
8. Suhrawadi Shuvo (22)
9. Saqlain Sajib (22)
10. Shafiul Islam (21)
11. Nazmul Hossain (23)

I have had to pluck a couple of names like Sajib from International Cricket Captain and Ahmed based on a decent first class record. Still a very good side with players like Iqbal, Shakib, Rahim and Siddique probably in the top 6 Bangladesh cricketers.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Lyon would be in under 23s this year tbh. 23 after the ridiculous September date or whatever it is.

Always thought the age group date should be June 30th.
Yeah it's weird; that's why I included them but put in squad members just in case. He'd definitely make the team if he was eligible IMO.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag

1. Phil Hughes
2. James Smith
3. Michael Hill
4. Chris Lynn
5. Nic Maddinson
6. Matthew Wade (wk)
7. Steven Smith
8. Mitchell Starc
9. Nathan Lyon
10. Josh Hazlewood
11. James Pattinson

12. Sean Abbott
13. Ben Dunk (wk)
14. Ryan Duffield
15. Jon Holland
16. Mitchell Marsh

Good team.

23 year olds Aaron Finch and Peter George are a bit unlucky to not make your 16 man squad. Same with James Faulkner.

I'll pick a 22 years and under XI

1 Phil Hughes
2 Nic Maddinson
3 Michael Hill
4 Chris Lynn
5 Tom Beaton
6 Matthew Wade
7 Steve Smith
8 James Faulkner
9 James Pattinson
10 Josh Hazlewood
11 Mitchell Starc

12 Cameron Boyce (could come in for Faulkner if a turner or for one of the injured young quicks).

Tom Beaton hasn't played a first grade game, so he's a bit lucky.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Good team.

23 year olds Aaron Finch and Peter George are a bit unlucky to not make your 16 man squad. Same with James Faulkner.

I'll pick a 22 years and under XI

1 Phil Hughes
2 Nic Maddinson
3 Michael Hill
4 Chris Lynn
5 Tom Beaton
6 Matthew Wade
7 Steve Smith
8 James Faulkner
9 James Pattinson
10 Josh Hazlewood
11 Mitchell Starc

12 Cameron Boyce (could come in for Faulkner if a turner or for one of the injured young quicks).

Tom Beaton hasn't played a first grade game, so he's a bit lucky.
Finch and George are both actually 24, so I didn't consider them. Lyon and Wade are 23 so they are on the border.

I though Faulkner played in the Under 19 WC before he actually did. He'd make my side or at least my squad; I thought he was 24 but he's 20.

Last edited:

Bun

Banned
It is unbelievable how young Sakib is. In a world where Steven Smith is a kid and Mitchell Johnson is still a young developing fast bowler.