• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A Very British Revolution

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, nah. More likely get relegated this year imo. Don't have the bowling to take 20 wickets consistently enough.

I'll admit to being slightly envious that they actually give their young players a chance but the financial situation over the border might have had something to do with that. Although given our rumoured latest results we could be heading the same way.

Jacknife

International Captain
Yes, I agree with the article, the future hopefully is bright for Yorkshire and the development of youth has been key. With Bresnan and Shahzad probably going to be away from the side more often than in it, it will be interesting to see who will front up. I'm pleased we got Siddy back to bolster the attack and add his experience to what could be a inexperienced bowling line up. Ashraf looked like he could develop into a good bowler from what I saw of him last year, at just turned 19 he's got a bright future.
It's a shame and a big loss that Rudolph went back to SA because he's been immense for us since he came over, but by the looks of things, Moxon has hinted that we may have no overseas player this season and tbh unless we could find a good one, who is available for most of the season, it would be a waste of money.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
To be honest, when all England's bowlers are fit, Shahzad and Bresnan aren't playing so they will be available a fair bit for Yorkshire.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Yeah, I was talking about Tests to be honest as they do take out a large proportion of the summer.

Jacknife

International Captain
To be honest, when all England's bowlers are fit, Shahzad and Bresnan aren't playing so they will be available a fair bit for Yorkshire.
Well like I said, they will be away more than in, if they played all the formats, Yorkshire wouldn't see them at all. Bresnan played about 6 first class games and Shahzad about 9 and they both played about half of the 40 over comp, but a lot will depend on injuries as far as how much Yorkshire get them this season.

Last edited:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Neither of them have ever been prolific wicket takers in the county championship though anyway, their chances probably rest more on Sidebottom having a full injury free season and Rashid taking 50+ wickets again.

Jacknife

International Captain
Neither of them have ever been prolific wicket takers in the county championship though anyway, their chances probably rest more on Sidebottom having a full injury free season and Rashid taking 50+ wickets again.
Yes, pretty much agree and I'm sure if YCC had the spare cash,another bowler is a place where they probably liked to strengthen, but all the cash went on Siddy. If Bres can replicate his form from the Ashes, he should hopefully contribute more than he has in the past.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Good read. Liked it apart from "Nestled against the Leeds skyline, Headingley has seen a famous tradition of cricketing brilliance, although one that has not seen them parading the County Championship trophy since Darren Gough inspired scenes in 2001; too long a wait for such a fine cricketing county." Given we waited 30+ years for that one then 10 years is hardly the end of the world.

Fingers crossed they come good this year. Im not overly excited by the squad but, given the standard of the CC, they have a shot.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Good read. Liked it apart from "Nestled against the Leeds skyline, Headingley has seen a famous tradition of cricketing brilliance, although one that has not seen them parading the County Championship trophy since Darren Gough inspired scenes in 2001; too long a wait for such a fine cricketing county." Given we waited 30+ years for that one then 10 years is hardly the end of the world.

Fingers crossed they come good this year. Im not overly excited by the squad but, given the standard of the CC, they have a shot.
Shazad-Bresnan-Sidebottom-Rashid, assuming the first two are available for a decent chunk of the season, looks pretty strong for a county attack tbf.