• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Nathan Bracken retires

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I thought he'd already retired!

But he was one of the best ODI bowlers Australia's had. Really outstanding.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
WAG. Great bowler, hugely underrated in the ODI arena. Possibly my favourite best FC bowling figures of all time, too; 7/4.

howardj

International Coach
Very emotional at his press conference.

Took a swipe at Australia's coaching system too.

Anyway, an absolute ripper bloke.

Well done Bracks.

Spark

Global Moderator
It's quite sad, because he's only 33. Back in 2009 he would've harbored real hopes of playing well beyond the WC.

Would've dearly loved a bowler like him at the WC.

Last edited:

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
One of Australia's finest limited overs bowlers. You could guarantee he would take a wicket with the new ball, and then bowl a tidy spell of cutters at the end of his innings.

I was at the MCG for his debut against the West Indies. He was impressive on his first outing and rarely let Australia down since.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Did anyone watch Fox Sports News? Alan Jones was at the conference and said Bracken was the Federer of ODI cricket. Hah.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In keeping with the wonderful new threads around here, can a mod please rename this "Nathan Bracken has a new headband; announces retirement"?

howardj

International Coach
"He's the Roger Federer of ODI bowlers"
Alan Jones at Bracks' retirement press conference..

Stick to being a red-neck Alan.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Didn't like him when I first saw him tbh, but then slowly grew to love him. A pace attack of him, Lee and McGrath in ODIs is just insane to think about.