• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Alan Donald named as New Zealand bowling consultant

Mike5181

International Captain
That is pretty interesting. He was a great bowler so he could pass on some really useful stuff to our bowlers.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He'll likely have their respect right of the bat, always had a big presence

fishyguy

U19 12th Man
Doesn't matter what coach NZ get with a 35 year old Chris Martin a mediocre Brent Arnel. They should get Adam Milne, Hamish Bennett and that other young kid who has pace in the squad and develop them like England have done with guys like Broad, Finch and Shahzad. Jesus even BD have a fast bowling coach. pick out guys who are young and have talent and develop them.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Doesn't matter what coach NZ get with a 35 year old Chris Martin a mediocre Brent Arnel. They should get Adam Milne, Hamish Bennett and that other young kid who has pace in the squad
Oh yep, that guy has been going great guns.

:blink:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Would love him to teach our bowlers reverse swing.
Heard on the radio he sat down and taught them that on day one. Apparently different people have different methods for doing it and he showed them his method.

Kind of interesting that these great bowlers are available for hire and that they don't just guard their secrets closely and only share them with their home country.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Heard on the radio he sat down and taught them that on day one. Apparently different people have different methods for doing it and he showed them his method.

Kind of interesting that these great bowlers are available for hire and that they don't just guard their secrets closely and only share them with their home country.
I think he imparted the information. Until they can produce that swing with any consistency then he hasn't taught them anything.

Clearly Jimmy F wasn't party to the lesson.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I think he imparted the information. Until they can produce that swing with any consistency then he hasn't taught them anything.

Clearly Jimmy F wasn't party to the lesson.
horse ...water...etc...

No seriously though you have a point. He should be judged by his results.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
horse ...water...etc...

No seriously though you have a point. He should be judged by his results.
Yeah if they can do it over and over then give the guy some credit.

The media has been going stupid over the bowling performance from Southee and weirdly from Bennet (for me he didn't do anything amazing, other than a couple of wickets, which were mostly from poor shots). They talk about this being his breakout game and comparing him to Hadlee - get off it wankers, it was just one game.

Southee swung it, for the first time in ages - I think it was more to do with the conditions, he got lucky.

Howsie

International Captain
Yeah if they can do it over and over then give the guy some credit.

The media has been going stupid over the bowling performance from Southee and weirdly from Bennet (for me he didn't do anything amazing, other than a couple of wickets, which were mostly from poor shots). They talk about this being his breakout game and comparing him to Hadlee - get off it wankers, it was just one game.

Southee swung it, for the first time in ages - I think it was more to do with the conditions, he got lucky.
:dry: Well no ****, Sherlock.