• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your national side 2015

kingkallis

International Coach
Ideal team for India should be :

Gautam Gambhir
Abhinav Mukund
Virat Kohli
Cheteshwar Pujara
Ajinkya Rahane
MS Dhoni ( c )
Irfan Pathan
Ravichandran Ashwin
Any decent leg spinner
Ishant Sharma / Abhimanyu Mithun
Munaf Patel / Chahar

12th man : Water boy

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
1- McCullum
2- Nicol
3- Williamson
4- Taylor (c)
5- Ryder
6- Guptill
7- Vettori
8- Latham
9- Southee
10- Bracewell
11- Wheeler

Interspersed with the likes of Flynn, Brodie, Broom in the top order if injuries/T20 dedication pop up (who knows how the world is going to go before then) along with Wagner, Boult and Beard in the bowling ranks.

I find it bizarre no one else had Vettori in their XI. He'll be 35 - getting up there admittedly, but with his stats-driven mindset he'll be fighting to stay around that long to catch up to Sir Richard's 431.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think it might be that some people doubt his body will handle 18 years of international cricket - can't think of any players apart from Tendulkar who have played at the top level for that long in recent times.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Fair play. It'll be a tight-run thing - I think with the allure of 431, plus a World Cup in NZ/Aus, he'll be managed through to making 2015 his swansong.

Maybe a #6 who is classed a batting all-rounder, bowls part-time to block up an end and is #2 in the pecking order behind a Beard or Astle?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I'll be impressed with how wrong I am.

Cook
Lyth
Trott
Taylor
Pietersen
Gale (c)
Prior
Bresnan
Broad
Briggs
Finn
Bell will still be playing afaics.
Lyth is a decent call to replace Strauss.
Shahzad will be in the frame.
Cook must be favourite to be captain.
Don't know a thing about Briggs, I'm afraid.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I definitely expect Sehwag to still be around, unless his eye has deserted him by then..
Actually, that's a pretty good call. Sehwag will probably be one of those players for whom the end comes very quickly.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Both will be finished by injury by 2015. Finn will have spent most of his time steadily improving in county cricket, and will be a relatively new addition to the squad.
I'm inviting trouble for posting this, but with the exception of 2006 Anderson's had a remarkably injury free career hasn't he?

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Gambhir
Mukund
Badrinath
Kohli
Rahane
Pujara
Dhoni
Mishra/Ojha/Some new spinner
Harby
Chahar/Random seamer
Ishant /Random seamer

12th man -Rohit Sharma

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Sehwag explicitly stated he'd retire when he hit 100 tests IIRC.
Which is so so annoying because there is a very realistic chance that he might just follow through with it :dry:

I just wish Sach or someone else can convince him to play on even after that.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I'm inviting trouble for posting this, but with the exception of 2006 Anderson's had a remarkably injury free career hasn't he?
If I'm honest, most of us are going to be very wrong, so if I make enough specific predictions I'm bound to get one right. It was a whim.

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Sehwag explicitly stated he'd retire when he hit 100 tests IIRC.
Which is so so annoying because there is a very realistic chance that he might just follow through with it :dry:

I just wish Sach or someone else can convince him to play on even after that.
He said this -

"I want to play 100 Test matches, and once I have done that I may retire from Test cricket"

Sehwag's Retirement:"I may retire from Test cricket after playing 100 matches" says Sehawg

Nothing Certain. But that maybe he would like to retire then.

Can't see him retiring at all after 100 tests,atm though.

If he does though it will mean assuming he plays all the remaining tests that he will retire in the first test of the Australia tour this december.
Can't see it happening.

Though if it does,it would in all probabilites mean he would retire before Sachin.

And with Dravid,Sachin and Laxman's retirement also somewhat likely in the next 2/3 years will be a massive massive blow for Indian Test team.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Hales
Cook (c)
Trott
Pietersen
Bell
Taylor
Davies (wk)
Broad
Swann
Anderson
Finn

A lot of wild stabs. No idea if Prior will still be playing, guessed not. Went for Hales over Lyth for absolutely no reason at all. Swann will probably have lost form or gotten too old but went for him anyway.

S'all guesswork obviously.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Actually the South African team looks most settled and is only likely to have 2 or 3 changes( one or 2 major ones) by 2015.

Flem274*

123/5
Flynn opening might be a quality call.
Nah, he won't make it.

1. Brendon McCullum
2. Daniel Flynn
3. Kane Williamson (vc)
4. Ross Taylor (C)
5. Jesse Ryder
6. Tom Latham +
7. Corey Anderson
8. Doug Bracewell
9. Tim Southee
10. Nick Beard
11. Trent Boult
Latham keeping?:huh: Never knew he could keep.

1- McCullum
2- Nicol
3- Williamson
4- Taylor (c)
5- Ryder
6- Guptill
7- Vettori
8- Latham
9- Southee
10- Bracewell
11- Wheeler

Interspersed with the likes of Flynn, Brodie, Broom in the top order if injuries/T20 dedication pop up (who knows how the world is going to go before then) along with Wagner, Boult and Beard in the bowling ranks.

I find it bizarre no one else had Vettori in their XI. He'll be 35 - getting up there admittedly, but with his stats-driven mindset he'll be fighting to stay around that long to catch up to Sir Richard's 431.
You have Latham as a keeper too I'm guessing?

I think it might be that some people doubt his body will handle 18 years of international cricket - can't think of any players apart from Tendulkar who have played at the top level for that long in recent times.
This. I think his back will flare up unfortunately. At the very least he'll be a batting allrounder at 5/6 by then.

Mike5181

International Captain