Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Johnson vs broad

Banned

Johnson vs broad

Both r exciting young talents,who's better as all rounder??

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Broad tends to hit the pitch more often. Probably puts him in front
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Johnson's 29, hardly an exciting young talent.

Anyway:

Broad is a better bowler, better batsman and doesn't have a **** sleeve tattoo. He's from a better country. He's won two Ashes series (to Johnson's zero) and one Twenty20 World Cup (to Johnson's zero).

Did Johnson go to the 2007 ODI WC, serious question? I know he was playing some ODIs by then.
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

I've started to lose patience with both of them to be honest. Two years ago it was Johnson, no question, and six months ago it looked like Broad was starting to hold his own.

But I've got so sick of the hype surronding them and the bizarrely strong feelings people seem to have one way or the other - not to mention the inherent, sporadic awesomeness/****ness/hatefulness/stupidity of them - that I'm beginning to lose interest, and would be happy to see them both leave.
    'It seems that perfection is attained, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away.'

International Vice-Captain MW1304's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    Both r exciting young talents,who's better as all rounder??
    If you're talking about the young, 26 year-old, American, mass murdering Mitchell Johnson, then I'd say Broady.

If you're talking about the not-at-all-young, 29 year-old, Australian, 4th slip disturbing Mitchell Johnson, then I'd say Broady.

International Vice-Captain MW1304's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Johnson's 29, hardly an exciting young talent.

Anyway:

Broad is a better bowler, better batsman and doesn't have a **** sleeve tattoo. He's from a better country. He's won two Ashes series (to Johnson's zero) and one Twenty20 World Cup (to Johnson's zero).

Did Johnson go to the 2007 ODI WC, serious question? I know he was playing some ODIs by then.
    Pretty sure he did, yeah.

Nothing to do with his quality of lack of, but Stuart Broad is such a fricking boring, uninspiring bowler.

International Vice-Captain Mike5181's Avatar
    Broad is overrated. I have a feeling Yuvraj would agree with me.

As a bowler, Broad is talented, dovetails nicely with the rest of England's attack. Johnson is probably "better" ATS but I doubt that'll last long.

As a batsman, I'd have Broad ahead, he's actually one of the most watchable bats in the England team.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

International Vice-Captain Noble One's Avatar
    Irrelevant to the debate, but who was/is the better batsman out of Broad and Paul Reiffel? I see a lot of Reiffel in the technique of Broad, and he places a very high value on his wicket like Reiffel.

vcs
    Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    I've started to lose patience with both of them to be honest. Two years ago it was Johnson, no question, and six months ago it looked like Broad was starting to hold his own.

But I've got so sick of the hype surronding them and the bizarrely strong feelings people seem to have one way or the other - not to mention the inherent, sporadic awesomeness/****ness/hatefulness/stupidity of them - that I'm beginning to lose interest, and would be happy to see them both leave.
    This.

Not much of a debate - Johnson
    Isnít it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? Ė Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one

It's because Teja is a ****, FTR

Quote Originally Posted by Teja. View Post
    Not much of a debate - Johnson
    Why? At least in between his wonder spells Broad doesn't bowl complete rubbish. The difference between them as batsman is negligible at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Why? At least in between his wonder spells Broad doesn't bowl complete rubbish. The difference between them as batsman is negligible at best.
    Johnson's wonder spells come more often though and are almost always more destructive. I reckon people underrate the value of Johnson because of how bad he looks when he's not taking wickets while someone else like Broad or Huilfeh look like they're bowling very well and are just unlucky not to get wickets. I don't take this into consideration. Johnson just gets results more often, I don't really mind if Johnson bowls a godawful length while they bowl a penetrative one for getting nil results anyway.

In 2010, An year when many considered Broad an improved bowler, he has taken 26 wickets in 10 matches @ 37.7 with no 5-fers, In the same year Johnson went from being considered a serious candidate for the 2nd best bowler in the world to being dropped midway, yet his results are 40 wickets in 11 games @ 34.1 with 3 5-fers. So despite angering people with how he bowls when having a bad match, By virtue of his performances in his big games, He still takes a substantial number of wickets on average per match. It could also be argued that Johnson bowled against better opposition, but that argument isn't even necessary. Now you bring in the results Johnson has achieved over the last three years and compare that to Broad. and I don't see why this argument exists.

You could say that Broad was unlucky in the Ashes but then again many people were praising Hilfenhaus for how he bowled in India and reckoning how he'd soon get the results he deserved. I was the only one criticizing him IIRC and he bowls the same unpenetrative accurate drivel in the Ashes and got owned. Johnson ended with much more respectable results in both series' too. I'm extremely hesitant to rate bowlers when their good bowling is not backed up by wickets.
    Last edited by Teja.; 15-01-2011 at 01:34 AM.

DWTA that Hilfenhaus bowled "the same unpenetrative accurate drivel" in the Ashes. Hilfenhaus constantly at least beat or found the edge in India, which he rarely ever did in the Ashes. He wasn't very accurate either, constantly straying onto the pads of the LHs.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information