• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Class list

Howsie

International Captain
Not being able to make the no. 1 ranked side shouldn't make it impossible to be given that label. He has a better average than any of Anderson, Broad and Morkel, and would walk into 8 of 10 test sides, while he is or would be a contender for a spot in the other two., By that definition, some pretty decent players would be denied the label - Stuart MacGill and Wayne Daniel for instance.
He was dropped for a guy with only a handful on tests under his belt. Put it this way, would you drop Steyn, Phillander, Johnson, Harris, Anderson, Broad, Southee or Boult for Pattinson? Highly doubt it. That's the difference between that group of players and Siddle.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Patto is gun and frankly better than Siddle. Siddle was a bit burnt out at that time anyway.

It was a good decision.

Flem274*

123/5
Patto has more potential than Siddle.

Patto is not better than Siddle. You can't prove he's better by showing me consistent performances and you can't so it with stats. Siddle is better than Pattinson right now, especially as a third quickie. Siddle has greater control, Siddle uses the crease better, Siddle bowls longer spells, Siddle has the better record, Siddle doesn't have anywhere near as many bad days, Siddle doesn't break.

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
Agree that Siddle is a better bowler than Patto right now, but the dropping of Siddle was 100% justified, even workhorses need a break sometime.

Howsie

International Captain
Patto has more potential than Siddle.

Patto is not better than Siddle. You can't prove he's better by showing me consistent performances and you can't so it with stats. Siddle is better than Pattinson right now, especially as a third quickie. Siddle has greater control, Siddle uses the crease better, Siddle bowls longer spells, Siddle has the better record, Siddle doesn't have anywhere near as many bad days, Siddle doesn't break.
Pattinson has a better test and first class record. We're not talking about Pat Cummins here, Pattinson actually has something behind him. Phlegm you have a history for liking fast bowling duds, so I'll let this slide. But come on, Siddle is a shadow of his former self. Too much greens and not enough meat. He's ****ed himself with that stupid diet.

Howsie

International Captain
Good counter argument. You obvs didn't have a clue what Pattinsons record was like.

As for the diet it's true. He's lost size, strength and speed because of it. He's a shawdow of the guy who use to bowl 140 plus with ease a few years back.

Flem274*

123/5
I didn't bother with a counter argument because it's you. Pace > everything with you.

He slowed down for control reasons m8, and you do realise in this day and age you can use supplements right? Surely a fast bowler like yourself knows this.

Good God, most of western world eats too much meat and too few greens and it gets them sick.

Source - mostly vegetarian, and much healthier now than I was.

Howsie

International Captain
I didn't bother with a counter argument because it's you. Pace > everything with you.

He slowed down for control reasons m8, and you do realise in this day and age you can use supplements right? Surely a fast bowler like yourself knows this.

Good God, most of western world eats too much meat and too few greens and it gets them sick.

Source - mostly vegetarian, and much healthier now than I was.
Slow down for control reasons? You're not a cricket dad are you? Coaching his five year olds team.

Supplements can only take you so far, you still need natural proteins. Look at Peter Siddle five years ago, and look at him now. I can't believe any coach, dietitian etc would recommend what he's done. He's early to mid 130's these day's, a change of at least 10k's when he first arrived on the scene. He might indeed feel healthy now but he doesn't look it, and his bowling sure as hell doesn't either. He looked like a club bowler at the end of last summer.

I wasn't surprised the slightest when I heard he was dropped for Pattinson.

Flem274*

123/5
Supplements can only take you so far, you still need natural proteins.
Appeals to nature don't work here. Your body doesn't give a **** what it gets required protein from as long as it gets it. Go on google scholar or any search engine and find me some evidence otherwise.

You don't drink colloidal silver or any of these supposed toxin flushers do you?