• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tait signs Surrey T20 deal

blahblahblah

International 12th Man
LONDON — Australia fast bowler Shaun Tait will play for Surrey in English cricket's domestic Twenty20 competition this season, it was announced by the Oval-based county on Thursday.

Tait, who now restricts himself to limited overs cricket because of a shoulder injury, is currently playing for Australia in their ongoing one-day series at home to England.

The 27-year-old is set to be available for the entire duration of the tournament including, should Surrey quality, finals day at Edgbaston on August 27.

"This is a pretty exciting move for me," Tait said in a Surrey statement.

"I've a bit of unfinished business in county cricket and I'll be giving it my all for Surrey this year," added the paceman, who briefly appeared for Glamorgan in last year's edition, having previously had a short stint with Durham back in 2004.

"I always strive to take wickets and love being part of a close-knit team.

"Some good reports about how Surrey are shaping up for 2011 have been filtering through so I'm confident that the team can go a few steps further this year in the event."

AFP: Aussie paceman Tait signs Surrey T20 deal