• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ESPNCricinfo Awards 2010

blahblahblah

International 12th Man
for me , cook should get the award in test batting since he was in a lot of under form before coming into the series and hitting such a solid day in the first test of ashes down under surely takes some courage

if not this , then laxman`s 75 right away

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
VVS with 3 nominations. And the 90 odd with Harbhajan to save India embarrassment at Ahmedabad against NZ didn't even make it. WAFG. :wub:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
VVS begs to differ.

For the ODI innings though nobody except nobody beats Abdur Razzaq vs SA.
That was a sensational innings. But for breaking a long standing barrier, Tendulkar's first ever double hundred can be a serious contender too.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Ridiculous that Chris Martin's 5-fer at Hyd wasn't nominated, 2nd best effort for mine.

That said, I think Steyn's 7-fer in India and VVS' 96 should win.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
VVS begs to differ.

For the ODI innings though nobody except nobody beats Abdur Razzaq vs SA.
That was a sensational innings. But for breaking a long standing barrier, Tendulkar's first ever double hundred would be a serious contender too.

smash84

The Tiger King
That was a sensational innings. But for breaking a long standing barrier, Tendulkar's first ever double hundred can be a serious contender too.
True. Tendy's 200 is unique and will go down in history as a well known knock while Razzaq's knock will be forgotten. However for me the Abdur Razzaq's innings was just phenomenal. One of the best ODI innings that you will ever see.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Test

VVS Laxman, 73* vs Australia at Mohali
Dale Steyn 7-51 vs India at Nagpur

ODI

Abdur Razzaq, 109* vs South Africa at Abu Dhabi
Umar Gul, 6-42 vs England at the Oval

T20I

Mike Hussey, 60* vs Pakistan at Gros Islet
Tim Southee, 5-18 vs Pakistan at Auckland

kingkallis

International Coach
Test

VVS Laxman, 73* vs Australia at Mohali
Dale Steyn 7-51 vs India at Nagpur

ODI

Abdur Razzaq, 109* vs South Africa at Abu Dhabi
Umar Gul, 6-42 vs England at the Oval

T20I

Mike Hussey, 60* vs Pakistan at Gros Islet
Tim Southee, 5-18 vs Pakistan at Auckland
This.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
True. Tendy's 200 is unique and will go down in history as a well known knock while Razzaq's knock will be forgotten. However for me the Abdur Razzaq's innings was just phenomenal. One of the best ODI innings that you will ever see.
But both ultimately secured wins for their side.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
VVS Laxman's 95 was very very special as well.

At Durban on a low scoring green wicket against the likes of Dale Steyn.

And to put things in perspective his score was 2 and half times more than any other innings in the whole match and it lead to a win.

Can't remember the last time where one score towered above the rest of all the innings in a match .
Specially in such a low scoring match.(not obviously counting the triple centuries or the 400 * on flattish tracks.)

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Surprised that Sachin's Double ton against the Aussies didn't make it. Was a quality innings that one.

Good to see knocks that weren't over 100+ being nominated though. They should really start calling em "match-winning knocks" instead of "match winnings hundreds". Laxman on there 3 times WAG

His greatness will never be reflected through stats. Such an awesome player.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Because the circumstances surrounding that innings was dodgy tstl?
No they weren't. Amir and Asif might have alledgedly bowled a couple of no-balls to order, but to suggest they were underperforming is nonsense when Amir completely and utterly blew England's top order away.