• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kallis, Tendulkar & Ponting ... ONLY 21 RUNS difference after 246 Innings !!!

Steyn.DaleSteyn

Cricket Spectator
Hi to all here @ CW, my 1st. post here .. by far the best Cricket forum on the net.

As a Cricket -stats fanatic, i compare all the best all the time. A very interesting stat is that after 246 Test innings, the difference between Kallis, Tendulkar & Ponting was only 21 runs, can you believe it after so many innings and so close between them ?

Ponting: 11960
Kallis: 11947
Tendulkar: 11939

Both Tendulkar and Ponting went to 12000 in 247 innings, Kallis need 53 in his next test inn. to equal them.

As for the bowling part, no comparrison of course :laugh:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I calculated the runs per innings for the 3 of them a while back (ignoring not outs) and Tendulkar was ahead of them both by a couple of runs I think. Lara is ahead of Tendulkar.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Can we reduce it to 150 to 200 innings and perhaps we can include Dravid,Yousuf,Sanga and Lara etc... too.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hi to all here @ CW, my 1st. post here .. by far the best Cricket forum on the net.

As a Cricket -stats fanatic, i compare all the best all the time. A very interesting stat is that after 246 Test innings, the difference between Kallis, Tendulkar & Ponting was only 21 runs, can you believe it after so many innings and so close between them ?

Ponting: 11960
Kallis: 11947
Tendulkar: 11939

Both Tendulkar and Ponting went to 12000 in 247 innings, Kallis need 53 in his next test inn. to equal them.

As for the bowling part, no comparrison of course :laugh:
Quality first post. Gun username. Welcome to CW. :cool:

0RI0N

State 12th Man
*EDITED OUT*
Strong 1st post OP.
In the old cricinfo formau they had that stat. Fastest to 1000 2000 3000 etc.
Now that stat is by time taken to reach runs.
WC to CW though

Last edited by a moderator:

Zinzan

For me, really just re-iterates that;

Ponting = Kallis =Tendulkar =Lara as a batsman &;

Kallis >>>>>>> Ponting, Tendulkar, Lara as a cricketer

vcs

Not if you were to take ODIs into account though. The gap closes quite rapidly.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Not if you were to take ODIs into account though. The gap closes quite rapidly.
For me there's a huge difference between Cricketer and LO cricketer tbh. I'm not a fan of giving the former or latter part importance in rating cricketers. For instance, for me, Mike Bevan was an incredible LO cricketer, not a very good cricketer.

Bun

Banned
After their first test Raina had a century while Don Bradman had something like ten or something.

For me it reiterates that Raina is a better batsman than Donald Bradman.

If you take into their bowling and fielding skills, no question who the better cricketer is.