• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Spot fixing - please help with my uni work!

tays

Cricket Spectator
Hi everyone!

I'm currently writing a 4000 word university report about the ethics of spot fixing, the effect it has had on the reputation of the Pakistan cricket team, and whether it can be stopped.

I'm looking for people to fill in a questionnaire on spot fixing, so I can gauge opinions on the matter amongst cricket fans as part of the report.

Please please head to the survey link here - Spot Fixing Questionnaire Survey or my blog entry about spot fixing here - http://plusduckspeak.blogspot.com/20...ot-fixing.html

Thanks (I imagine some of you know quite a lot about cricket here, so I'm hoping you can help!) :)

Paul

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Thee lat time I filled out an online questionairre, there was mention of JB Hi Fi vouchers that I haven't heard of ever since.

tays

Cricket Spectator
I do hate those sort of scam questionnaires haha.

I can promise that there will be NO hi-fi vouchers, or vouchers of any other kind (I'm a student, I can barely afford to eat!)

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Can I offer a couple of comments?

Is now the best time to be asking people to fill out this questionnaire? Questions such as "what do you think of the Pakistan team" in the context of suspicions of ethical violations might be a bit premature given that the ICC disciplinary panel has not yet given its verdict.

Also the introductory wording that "A News of the World undercover investigation found that three Pakistani cricket players (Mohammad Asif, Mohammad Amir and Salmon Butt) were involved in a spot fixing scandal" might just possibly undermine the reliability of your results....

Anyhow speaking for myself I'll try to remember to fill in the questionnaire when we've got the verdict from the ICC panel.

tays

Cricket Spectator
Zaremba - Thanks for the feedback, its always appreciated :)

Unfortunately the report is due in on the 24th, so I'ts a tricky issue: cricket is fresh in the public consciousness because of the Ashes, but the ICC verdict wont likely be sorted untill after the deadline!

My lecturer also noted about including the NOTW stuff in there, but I felt it that it needed to have some sort of background in there for those people who aren't as 'clued up' on cricket as everyone here, but had still heard a small amount of what had happened in the news..

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Also have to say I feel a bit uncomfortable calling the whole Pakistani team unethical or ethical. A number of players are clearly unethical, but I'm not happy to say that all of them are.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I do hate those sort of scam questionnaires haha.
I can promise that there will be NO hi-fi vouchers, or vouchers of any other kind (I'm a student, I can barely afford to eat!)
Gelman to comment.

Edit: done.

Last edited: