• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who will be IPL team captains?

kingpin

State Vice-Captain
Mahela was the best batsmen in the World T20 from what I recall

Thought's on Mumbai needing a captain besides Sachin? He was horrible with the batting line up in the finals and in one game in the Champions League. Field placings I'm not too sure about as well.

Also does anyone have a link to an interview of Saurabh Tiwary? Want to know what it must feel like to be him. Literally from a nobody with a $40k salary in '08 to $1.6m in 2011. Hardly one of the most talented people in the IPL too...good on him though.
Dude he anchored innings for MI many times.....Even in CLT20 he had good performances...

But 1.6 is too much

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Saurabh Tiwary is overvalued at that price.

And consider this Ambati Rayyudu who had equally a good IPL last time ,will still be getting around the 40 to 60k mark officialy and so will Manish Pandey and Siddarth Trivedi while the likes of Tiwary, Gony,Unadkat are paid a fortune for just playing one or two games or even being in the squad at some point.
Particularly that Tour to Zimbabwe where India lost a couple of matches under Raina and quite a few made a Debut has made many young players here millionaires.

Though it is good to see the likes of Badrinath,Mithun,Umesh yadav etc.. get a good payday i think some of the better uncapped performers in the previous IPL should have also been put up for auction.

Lostman

State Captain
Kochi will make Jayawardane the captain. that's wy they paid him frikkin' 1.5m$. He's not worth that mauch,
"The Kochi team has now turned its attention to the running of the franchise. Mehta revealed the team's interest in Sri Lankan cricketer Mahela Jayawardane, who currently plays for the Kings XI Punjab. "I like Mahela personally and have a very good relation with him," Mehta said.

"I was the first person to take him outside Sri Lanka to play in South Africa. My relation with him is over 20 years now. If he is available and if I have a successful bid, he will be part of the Kochi team."
Link

Yea cant believe he got 1.5million, highest paid non-indian i think.