• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Next ashes year schedule, you guys seen this, CRAZY???

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Not necessarily, Euros will take place in June/Early July, Ashes will be Late July/August. All eyes will be on the Ashes as England desperately search for some sporting heroes after their footballers fail again anyway.

Plus, a summer with European Championships and Ashes cricket will be gun.
Will be weird going from arguing with you to being on your side so suddenly.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Haha, I'm probably the only person who will actually like this. It's something I've wondered about since the previous Ashes down under, which would've been better straight after the 05 ones, where we might've had Vaughan, Tresco and Jones involved.

I mean, having a years break and building up anticipation and whatever is good too, but theoretically we would see near exact same XIs being fielded with previous form being relevant and the emotion still fresh in the players minds. It could be very very good.

Last edited:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
It obviously depends on the result in England, but I think the main problem will be the attendence. If we get hammered in England, which is probably the most likely at this stage, I really can't see many people in Aus wanting to fork out money and watch the next series a few months later. On the other hand though, if we win in convincing fashion, it might actually boost attendence because people obviously love backing a successful team.
It depends how we'd lose. If it was a close encounter and we actually turned up on the day and made a real contest of it attendance would increase dramatically.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
It just gets even worse. Moving the 2017 Ashes forward two years to 2015, so we get 3 Ashes series in 2 years! Why was the 2017 series brought forward to 2016 in the first place, then moved to 2015?

So, we go to England in 2013, they come here in 2013/14 just 3 months later, then we go there in 2015, then they come here in 2016/17. Thats correct?

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
And we thought India and Sri Lanka were bad.

Hopefully they won't schedule stupid ODI series alongside the Ashes. Make the Ashes the only event of the summer, I much preferred the ODI series against Australia in 2010.

Spark

Global Moderator
Lot of wins, too.

Seriously does anyone else think that the back-to-back series will kind of "mesh" into one and it'll feel more like a very very long 10-match series rather than two 5-match ones?

Spark

Global Moderator
Actually now I think of it, imagine if we played 5 more tests straight after 05, so England could field basically their full strength lineup? That'd have been fun.

Less fun than 5-0 and Ponting/Hussey/Clarke on a murderous rampage though.