• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wastemen etc

Who the better batsman

• Ajay Jadeja

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Mahmudullah

Votes: 10 83.3%

• Total voters

axxebond

Banned
Imran Tahir has played in all parts of cricket in Pakistan, his native country to England and now South Africa. He was interested in playing international cricket for Pakistan, but the packaging bag free spirit landed on the rainbow nation of his heart told him.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Imran Tahir has played in all parts of cricket in Pakistan, his native country to England and now South Africa. He was interested in playing international cricket for Pakistan, but the packaging bag free spirit landed on the rainbow nation of his heart told him.
Why was this guy banned?

Poetry.

slippy888

International Captain
Sachin Tendulkar

Can you please carry on playing international cricket for another 3 to 4 years, all us fans are going to miss him big time, Sachin is the reason i started watching cricket.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Tendulkar on avg scores 1 100 every 9 innings. Since he had already scored 2 in 8 wc innings, I didn't really expect him to get his 3rd last night.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Would really rather Sachin give up ODIs and stick to tests. I'm fairly certain he will.

Borges

International Regular
Would really rather Sachin give up ODIs and stick to tests. I'm fairly certain he will.
I would be over the moon if he did that. The best thing that could happen to Indian cricket.

Would hoping that he plays a few Ranji games be asking for too much?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Who would you like to see opening the batting once Sachin retires? Parthiv for me.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Move Gambhir and Kohli up one position each and play both Raina and Yusuf, surely?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Gambhir clearly opens.

Start trying to get Pujara in ODIs IMO. Domestic record is amazing.

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Move Gambhir and Kohli up one position each and play both Raina and Yusuf, surely?
Depends on how Raina copes outside of India, tbh. If we go overseas with the Raina that can't play bounce, and with an inconsistent batsmen in Yusuf then it's not a particularly steady line up. Would much prefer a solid middle of Gambhir, Kohli and Yuvraj like how it is now. If Parthiv is able to cope with international cricket which imo he definitely is, then he wouldn't be a bad choice I think

EDIT: I completely forgot about Pujara, Parthiv can wait....again :P

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Gambhir clearly opens.

Start trying to get Pujara in ODIs IMO. Domestic record is amazing.
Does he open in domestic OD games? I know that he did in the U/19 WC. And has he always batted in the middle order in the FC stuff?

Shri

Mr. Glass
Sachin should retire from ODIs next year and play tests till 2014 and retire. He should then comeback and play the 2015 WC and should lift the trophy after a 100 in the final before retiring completely ala Imran Khan.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Abhinav Mukund could be a good bet to open too.Probably the best opener around in the domestic scene and for me pretty much better than Vijay.

Then there is Shikhar Dhawan too or even Rahane can play as a opener.

But the most likely would be Gambhir pushing up and Kohli coming at 3.

Last edited: