• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England v India subforum?

Are you in favour of a subforum for the England v India Test Series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Given the number of fans from both countries, the interest neutrals will have, the fact that it's likely to be Number 2 vs Number 1, and could potentially be for the number 1 ranking, I reckon a subforum for the series could be necessary. Look at the interest the "England can beat India any day of the week" thread got, even if some of that was a bit dire. One thread for the entire series is going to be monstrous to read through.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Hmm, dunno. Doubt it'll get anywhere near the neutral interest of the Ashes, or even the part-time cricket fan interest you get for the Ashes, plus it's only four Tests. We also have a lot more Australian fans than Indian fans on CricketWeb, I'd say.

I've never been completely sold on the Ashes subforum itself though, although it has seemed to work well.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The main questions I guess are whether it would increase discussion, and whether the tour thread would be too hard to keep up with.

The forum is growing and subforums for major events can only improve things. Border-Gavaskar another one perhaps.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Hmm, dunno. Doubt it'll get anywhere near the neutral interest of the Ashes, or even the part-time cricket fan interest you get for the Ashes, plus it's only four Tests. We also have a lot more Australian fans than Indian fans on CricketWeb, I'd say.

I've never been completely sold on the Ashes subforum itself though, although it has seemed to work well.
Been plenty of neutral interest in the India-South Africa series despite it coinciding with an Ashes series. This series is likely to be number 1 vs number 2 and could quite possibly be for the number 1 ranking. It comes at a time of year where there's very little cricket outside the English season. Reckon it's going to be massive, I'm already eagerly looking forward to it.

I like the Ashes subforum, I like that there's a place to talk all things Ashes and a place where I can discuss anything else cricket related when the series is on. A single thread for this series IMO will be a nightmare to read and moderate.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Think it's fair to say that it will be discussed by the moderation group. If it does happen, I'd be surprised to see it before the end of the World Cup though, unless we get a plethora of relevant and interesting threads on it in CC before then, which stifles other debate within Cricket Chat. :)

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Sir Alex will be back till then too.

We Ought to require a new forum just for him and GIMH then.:laugh:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Think it's fair to say that it will be discussed by the moderation group. If it does happen, I'd be surprised to see it before the end of the World Cup though, unless we get a plethora of relevant and interesting threads on it in CC before then, which stifles other debate within Cricket Chat. :)
Yeah, to clarify I'm not asking for it to be done now, just throwing it out now as an idea for May/June time.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
If there's a subform for an away tour against a minnow team like Australia then India probably deserve one as well tbh. Just so all the Tendy loving fanboys can be trolled.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Hey mods, the English cricket season is pretty much upon us. Are we going to have a subforum for this series?