• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Greatest Cricketer Ever

Spark

Global Moderator
Why are we asking who the greatest cricketer is anyway?

Clearly the more relevant question is "who is the greatest kallisballer?"

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Bradman never played ODI , so does not proved his veritability
Bradman played against england mainly and minnows of that time (India , SA , WI)
Bradman played only in 2 countries

Better read my article fully... say a point where bradman beats sachin ( except average because i already said the reason why he got that much average)
Wally Hammond never played ODI , so does not proved his veritability
Hammond played against Australia mainly and minnows of that time (India , SA , WI)
Hammond played only in 2-3 countries

Say a point where Hammond beats Yuvraj Singh ( except average because i already said the reason why he got that much average)

Also, the difference between Yuvraj's and Hammond's averages is much less than the difference between Bradman's and Sachin's averages.

So, if Sachin is better than Bradman, then Yuvraj is better than Hammond too....and by a bigger margin.

I wouldn't have written this post if you were an old poster in CW.

By the way, I am a bigger fan of Sachin than you are. But I don't think he is 'God'. And I think there have been a few cricketers better than him in the history of the game.

Welcome to CW by the way. Not the worst place if you want to learn about the history of the game.

Last edited:

bagapath

International Captain
Bradman never played ODI , so does not proved his veritability
Bradman played against england mainly and minnows of that time (India , SA , WI)
Bradman played only in 2 countries

Better read my article fully... say a point where bradman beats sachin ( except average because i already said the reason why he got that much average)
"Better read my article fully" ha ha ha ha ha. How old are you? 11? I hope peter roebuck doesn't catch you speaking in that arrogant tone.

Now..... Since you sound so patronizing here are some cricket tidbits for you.

Bradman once scored 100 runs in about 30 balls. His test batting SR is 59. Sachin's is 54.

Sachin didn't score a hundred against ambrose.

Sachin is not even the greatest batsman of the generation. (The greatest came from port of spain and he batted left handed)

The greatest batsman of the last 50 years came from antigua. He chewed gum at the batting crease and spat out opposition bowlers.

The greatest cricketer of the past 60 years was born in barbados. He batted left handed. Bowled left arm fast, medium pace, finger spin and wrist spin. He whacked the ball with great style and power. Took wickets any time the team needed. Pouched impossible catches. Hit 6 sixers in an over. Scored 365 n.o. Sachin didn't do any of that.

The greatest cricketer of the past 25 years slept with liz hurley.
Sachin didn't do that either.

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Flintoff tweeted -

Kallis's stats are unbelievable probably doesn't get the recognition he deserves he is one of the true greats , but there's only one sachin

weeman27bob

International Regular
"Better read my article fully" ha ha ha ha ha. How old are you? 11? I hope peter roebuck doesn't catch you speaking in that arrogant tone.

Bradman once scored 100 runs in about 30 balls. His test batting SR is 59. Sachin's is 54.

Sachin is not even the greatest batsman of the generation. (The greatest came from port of spain and he batted left handed)

The greatest batsman of the last 50 years came from antigua. He chewed gum at the batting crease and spat out opposition bowlers.

The greatest cricketer of the past 60 years was born in barbados. He batted left handed. Bowled left arm fast, medium pace, finger spin and wrist spin. He whacked the ball with great style and power. Took wickets any time the team needed. Pouched impossible catches. Hit 6 sixers in an over. Scored 365 n.o. Sachin didn't do any of that.

Arun Nayar is the best cricketer of the past 25 years?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)

You stated your opinions with similar arrogance tbh

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member

:wacko::wacko:

smash84

The Tiger King