Cricket Player Manager
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Off Season Thread

Cricket Web Vice Administrator
    Originally posted by Bazza
    I find this a bit strange. I mean Sidebottom is a top county bowler, and Gough won't be around next year.

Maybe the likes of Tim Bresnan are going to play a bigger part?
    I heard that it was Sidebottom who wantted out not Yorkshire pushing him out, so maybe he doesn't get on with the coaching staff (Oh hang on that's his Dad!)

There was also talk of allowing Gough to leave and get a younger and more regular player in, however they decided agaist that and gave Gougie another 1 year contract.

You think when Yorks have a full sqaud they have:-

- Gough
    - Hoggard
    - Kirby
    - Sliverwood
    - Bresnan
    - White (if he bowls again)
    - Others that I forgot

Oh I also forgot to say in the orignal post that Gavin Hamliton has been released too.
    Last edited by Rich2001; 25-09-2003 at 10:27 AM.

Shane Warne Returns To The South Coast

Shane Warne will atempt to actually make it to Hamps again next season, after his 12 month ban... However they haven't decided if they will offer him the Captains job this time around.

Lancashire

Stuart Law has agreed to stay on again next season for Lancashire as one of their two overseas players.

Hopefully Warney will get the captaincy. Things didn't go as well as they could have under John Crawley. Once again, plenty of reasons to be optimistic looking to next season but it never turns out that way...

As for Law, apparently he is looking to qualify as a domestic player through residence. His wife is British as well I believe. I think if he plays 4 straight seasons he doesn't count as an overseas player right?
    My house is burned down but I can see the sky.

International Regular chris.hinton's Avatar
    Originally posted by marc71178
    Which Frost are you talking about?

Tony Frost is 27 and played 13 out Warwickshire's 17 First Class Matches this season - so unless CC Div 1 is now 2nd XI Cricket, I think you may be a little wrong here.
    Frost will be 28, also he only played because Piper was Injured. But in the past he has been sat in 2nd xi cricket

Originally posted by Bazza
    As for Law, apparently he is looking to qualify as a domestic player through residence. His wife is British as well I believe. I think if he plays 4 straight seasons he doesn't count as an overseas player right?
    Indeed he is, unsure if it's 4 or 5... but either way next season is the final one.

Rik
    Originally posted by Rich2001
    Indeed he is, unsure if it's 4 or 5... but either way next season is the final one.
    How long till he's England qualified?
    "Age is just a stupid number"

20...that's a rather big number :(:(:(

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Originally posted by Rik
    A couple of years into his pension plan.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Originally posted by Rik
    His played for Australia already so a very very long time

Warwickshire have signed 19 year old Steve Taylor from Shorpshire, Taylor has broke into the first team this year and Warwickshire need young fast bowlers to stengthen there side up. Navdeep Poonia has signed a one year Retainer Contract.... Both will feature in the second xi this year

Rik
    Originally posted by chris.hinton
    Warwickshire have signed 19 year old Steve Taylor from Shorpshire, Taylor has broke into the first team this year and Warwickshire need young fast bowlers to stengthen there side up. Navdeep Poonia has signed a one year Retainer Contract.... Both will feature in the second xi this year
    Interisting, I've never heard of Taylor, not even in Bank's Cricket League games. He hasn't played for the Shropshire county side as far as I know. A Shropshire player to look out for is Adam Shimmons at Northants, 12th in the FC Bowling averages this year but hampered by injuries.

Rik
    Well Billy Taylor is set to join Hampshire after failing to agree terms with Sussex. Shaun Rashid turned out to not be as useful as they thought he would be, remember that episode where they had to appologise to the parents of Umer Rashid because they were signing Shaun who has the same last name, so soon after Umer's death.

Ian Ward has joined Sussex, which makes barely any sense since they have one of the best opening partnerships in the country in Montgomerie and Goodwin. Seems like he just wanted to jump on the Championship bandwagon instead.

Originally posted by Rik
    Interisting, I've never heard of Taylor, not even in Bank's Cricket League games. He hasn't played for the Shropshire county side as far as I know. A Shropshire player to look out for is Adam Shimmons at Northants, 12th in the FC Bowling averages this year but hampered by injuries.
    Talyor was in Warwickshire acadamy last year, but did not play in the birmingham league so i surpised by this

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar

Thank God for That!

Surrey have rejected Warwickshire's approach for the unsettled Rikki Clarke.

Narrow escape!
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information