• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in Australia (2 T20 & 7 ODIs)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
So, Australia get the pleasure of hosting the World Champions in Twenty20 and the soon to be World Champs in ODIs. Sweet, nice long series, just what the doctor ordered.

Mon Jan 10
22:45 GMT
(prev day) | 09:45 local
22:45 GMT -1d Prime Minister's XI v England XI
Manuka Oval, Canberra N/A

Wed Jan 12
08:35 GMT | 19:05 local
08:35 GMT 1st T20I - Australia v England
Adelaide Oval N/A

Fri Jan 14
08:35 GMT | 19:35 local
08:35 GMT 2nd T20I - Australia v England
Melbourne Cricket Ground N/A

Sun Jan 16
03:20 GMT | 14:20 local
03:20 GMT 1st ODI - Australia v England
Melbourne Cricket Ground N/A

Fri Jan 21
03:20 GMT 2nd ODI - Australia v England
Bellerive Oval, Hobart N/A

Sun Jan 23
03:20 GMT 3rd ODI - Australia v England
Sydney Cricket Ground N/A

Wed Jan 26
03:20 GMT | 13:50 local
03:20 GMT 4th ODI - Australia v England
Adelaide Oval N/A

Sun Jan 30
03:20 GMT | 13:20 local
03:20 GMT 5th ODI - Australia v England
Brisbane Cricket Ground, Woolloongabba, Brisbane N/A

Wed Feb 2
03:20 GMT 6th ODI - Australia v England
Sydney Cricket Ground N/A

Sun Feb 6
03:20 GMT | 11:20 local
03:20 GMT 7th ODI - Australia v England
Western Australia Cricket Association Ground, Perth

Spark

Global Moderator
Broad most definitely is a major loss here, he's definitely your best LO bowler.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Strauss, Anderson, Bell, Bresnan, Collingwood, Davies, Morgan, Pietersen, Shazhad, Swann, Tremlett, Trott, Woakes, Wright, Yardy

Filth not named theirs yet

Themer

U19 Cricketer
Way too many ODIs for my liking even if this is England vs Australia, should be 5 at a stretch.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lol @ the 7 ODIs. Made me laugh when it was first scheduled. Continues to make me laugh now.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, it's dire.

There 07 series against India was good. Every other 7-match bilateral ODI series I've watched has been turd.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In defence of a 7 ODI series, sides do need some ODI warm-up for the World Cup.

Also, don't we have a subforum on this, or can't we use it for the one-dayers.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I asked Cribb where I should post it before, and he ignored me (WAC).

In 09 we just had a thread in CC though.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I think things would be a lot more interesting if ODI and Test touring commitments were split, personally.

Haven't found myself giving a **** about pretty much any ODI cricket that's been played in the last 6 months. Once this series ends, England and Australia will have played 20 ODIs against each other in the last 16 months, which is ridiculous. Would be much more interesting if we were playing someone like New Zealand in an ODI series, as we've not played them in a while. We've played so much ODI cricket against Australia recently, and have been in the country for 2 months already on this tour that I just think as a spectator it would be much fresher if we played someone else in a 5 match ODI series, and fulfilled our ODI commitments in Australia at some other point.

vcs

Yeah, it's dire.

There 07 series against India was good. Every other 7-match bilateral ODI series I've watched has been turd.
'08 in India was better, shame we couldn't get a complete series. :ph34r:

Seriously, I think it will be 4-3 to someone with the series going down to the last game. Probably England as Ponting will be a big miss for the Aussies.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
If Australia get their squad right then they will be the team to beat at the World Cup (although this is pretty unlikely, sadly).

For this series, I get the feeling they are going to use the 7 ODI's to try out as many of the 30 that were shortlisted as possible. Will be interesting to see if Hodge gets a run given he was on the shortlist.

flibbertyjibber

Yawn, talk about after the lord mayor's show.

Still i guess they are needed to get the team in the groove for the world cup. I shan't be watching much though, can't be arsed with one dayers normally and will save it for the world cup or i will be totally fed up of them by the time the world cup has been going a week.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Yawn, talk about after the lord mayor's show.

Still i guess they are needed to get the team in the groove for the world cup. I shan't be watching much though, can't be arsed with one dayers normally and will save it for the world cup or i will be totally fed up of them by the time the world cup has been going a week.
One day series after the Ashes is such a let down. So boron