• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in Australia (2 T20 & 7 ODIs)

Spark

Global Moderator
At least Copeland is getting some kind of recognition tbh, I was starting to wonder if anyone high up in CA had heard of him.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Anderson being rested for the T20s and start of the ODI series, which is absolutely the correct thing to do.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Any particular reason why you think so guys? I can't see us needing a separate thread for each ODI like we do for the Ashes but I'm happy to revisit it if enough people raise relevant good points about it.
Not too bothered about it tbh, but -
Since there are many threads in the Ashes Forum that will be keep going on even after the ashes are over,the forum won't be closed as they are too many perhaps to shift to CC.

So it will be a bit odd having the discussion about the same series on 2 forums .
And also it will lead to lesser interest on this thread.

Was actually preferring all the discussions about that series,with majority of English and Aussie posters here to be in a seperate forum,tbh.:)

There probably won't be seperate threads required for each game ,but one thread ought to do.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Not too bothered about it tbh, but -
Since there are many threads in the Ashes Forum that will be keep going on even after the ashes are over,the forum won't be closed as they are too many perhaps to shift to CC.

So it will be a bit odd having the discussion about the same series on 2 forums .
And also it will lead to lesser interest on this thread.

Was actually preferring all the discussions about that series,with majority of English and Aussie posters here to be in a seperate forum,tbh.:)

There probably won't be seperate threads required for each game ,but one thread ought to do.
It's not the same series ffs. Last 2 Ashes series subforums haven't had ODI threads in them, no reason why this one should be any different.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Paine as VC? That's interesting...

Good to see Tait, Lee and Finch in though.

outbreak

First Class Debutant
Paines captain for the pm's 11 aswell. Good to see finch and pattinson in, hope they get a game.

Tom 1972

School Boy/Girl Captain
Well at the very least I think this will be a far closer series for the poms. Australia's one day and 20/20 team is far better then the test side however knowing the selectors they will ignore all the superior one day players and instead use it as some sort of breeding ground for the tests. Which some people think is good but I have always being of the thought you pick your best side no other considerations.
Well I can guarantee we won't suffer three Innings defeats. :ph34r:

As a general rule, the **** Test nations compete better in 1-dayers. Less time for their flaws to be exposed.

I love watching Tait in the 20-20. The brown underpants of those facing him always raises a chuckle.

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
That 20/20 squad looks fantastic. I'm not so sure about some of the pace bowlers, but overall, fantastic.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah, as we've been saying all along - drop/retire Clarke and actually that's a very very very good side.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I'm really happy with the T20 squad also. No Clarke is a big bonus and the inclusion of Finch was a must.

I think Pattinson is a little lucky to be already in front of McKay, Nannes, Hastings, but I'm not that concerned as it will be good for him to get some sort of International exposure.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
It's not the same series ffs. Last 2 Ashes series subforums haven't had ODI threads in them, no reason why this one should be any different.
But it will be the same posters in the majority posting in the forum as well as in this thread.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Fantastic squad. I would much prefer to see Krejza play over O'Keefe though, but it's a small gripe compared to our past policy of picking complete failures.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Aus will be very tough to beat in the T20s if they select properly. If Mike Hussey is wasted at #7 while Watson and Dussey bowl it'll show they've learned nothing.

England look very solid but if they play Luke Wright as a batsman again I will ****ing stab someone.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Fantastic squad. I would much prefer to see Krejza play over O'Keefe though, but it's a small gripe compared to our past policy of picking complete failures.
I was amazed to see O'Keefe poor average in state T20 Cricket before doing well against SA the other night.

I don't mind SOK in the squad though.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Aus will be very tough to beat in the T20s if they select properly. If Mike Hussey is wasted at #7 while Watson and Dussey bowl it'll show they've learned nothing.

England look very solid but if they play Luke Wright as a batsman again I will ****ing stab someone.
Michael Hussey is not in the squad mate.

I'll be interested to see how they work the batting order as Paine, Warner, Watson and Finch can all do a job up the top.

I'm hoping that the 12th man is Johnson, I would like to see Pattinson play at the G.