• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in Australia (2 T20 & 7 ODIs)

Capt Blackadder

Cricket Spectator
Well at the very least I think this will be a far closer series for the poms. Australia's one day and 20/20 team is far better then the test side however knowing the selectors they will ignore all the superior one day players and instead use it as some sort of breeding ground for the tests. Which some people think is good but I have always being of the thought you pick your best side no other considerations.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Reckon Woakes could be fodder if he plays
Lots of people said Bresnan would be and he has proved us wrong. To be honest i would be more inclined to watch if guys like Woakes got a chance just to see how he does as he steps up in class.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Lots of people said Bresnan would be and he has proved us wrong. To be honest i would be more inclined to watch if guys like Woakes got a chance just to see how he does as he steps up in class.
Bres at least 5-6mph quicker than Woakes, tbf. Woakes might be useful on a sappy English seamer in May, but not convinced he'll go that well on the truer, bouncier decks.

James

Cricket Web Owner

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Going to hate this series. The selectors have been making bizzare selections, the players haven't been performing well, we don't even have a 50-over comp and seven ODIs is too many. :(

AND, I just know Copeland will get a call-up for this series. Even though he doesn't make NSW's OD and 20/20 sides. And as much as I love him, it would just be wrong.

He'd still gun it though. :cool:

Spikey

Who is the Australia ODI bowling 'attack'? Will Brett Lee be back?
He should be.

Johnson
Hauritz/Doherty
Lee
Dougeh (in for harris)

off the top of my head, Watson and Smith/another bit-part all-rounder also bowling. Probably missing someone. Tait's only just back from injury.

edit Clint McKay! Not sure if he's actually in the best team but he'll play in a few games.

If Australia get their squad right then they will be the team to beat at the World Cup (although this is pretty unlikely, sadly).

For this series, I get the feeling they are going to use the 7 ODI's to try out as many of the 30 that were shortlisted as possible. Will be interesting to see if Hodge gets a run given he was on the shortlist.
WC squad gets announced after the 1st game I think so.

Last edited:

Spikey

AND, I just know Copeland will get a call-up for this series. Even though he doesn't make NSW's OD and 20/20 sides. And as much as I love him, it would just be wrong.

He'd still gun it though. :cool:
Wouldn't think so. Didn't even get named in the 30 man squad I thought? James Pattinson is the only one who might make a debut here.

ajdude

International Coach
Wouldn't think so. Didn't even get named in the 30 man squad I thought? James Pattinson is the only one who might make a debut here.
Yeah he didn't, although he just got called up to the PM's XI squad along with Pattinson. I'm keen to watch that match, Monday on Fox Sports 1 at 9:30am! :D