• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Congrats Mushtaq !

Legglancer

State Regular
Finally He's got his 100th wicket this season. Quite a feat for a guy relegated to the backwoods by his dubious cricket board. I think Mushtaq is one of the most talented spinners in the world but did not get the recognition he deserved.

If only Mushy could get a UK passport he would be just the ideal kind of player England needs right now. (damnside better than Giles and Croft)!!!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Fantastic achievement and a championship basically in the bag. Life can't really get much better for him at the moment!

Bazza

International 12th Man
There are rumours he could be recalled against South Africa, but that would seem to contradict the new youth policy.

Of course, before the youth policy came in Pakistan regularly played teenagers anyway, so work that one out....

gibbsnsmith

State Vice-Captain
exactly i remember seeing Afridi and Hasan Raza play before they were even 17..actually Raza was younger than me..[14] if i remember right

Bloody nutters

Langeveldt

Soutie
There is a fourteen year old playing test cricket for SA women... I think she is the youngest ever international cricketer, and I really doubt that Raza could have been younger than 16...

Thats my age, Im feeling old

:(

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
gibbsnsmith said:
exactly i remember seeing Afridi and Hasan Raza play before they were even 17..actually Raza was younger than me..[14] if i remember right

Bloody nutters
As in alot of professional sport, where age is everything, it's very likely like that someone lied about his age somewhere along the line. So, as Marc said, it is very much alleged.

gibbsnsmith

State Vice-Captain
ok then..but still
the subcontinental nutters need some common sense

which domnt mean ova countires dont as well

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
Neither could I when I posted that!

Amazing how he's shot back into favour.
Yeah true. But also how they can leave a spinner of Saqlain's quality out for someone like Shoaib Malik who's a useful utility player but not a proven International spinner.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rik said:
Yeah true. But also how they can leave a spinner of Saqlain's quality out for someone like Shoaib Malik who's a useful utility player but not a proven International spinner.
Shoaib Malik took 4/42 against SA in the 1st innings and when I've seen him he doesn't look that bad. That said, Saqlain is class.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Shoaib Malik took 4/42 against SA in the 1st innings and when I've seen him he doesn't look that bad. That said, Saqlain is class.
Averages around 30 with the ball in ODIs compared to Saqlain's 20...

Not done much in his Tests so far and he played against Bangladesh if I remember correctly.

Langeveldt

Soutie
From what I can see, he looks like a neat offspinner and a handy batsman, not in the bowling class of Saqlain or Mushtaq Ahmed though

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Rik said:
I guess that he's the 3rd spinner, after Mushy and Danish.

If Kaneria ever got to bowl on a sticky wicket, there'd be a headline writer's dream!