• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ OD Domestic Tournament Game

Athlai

Not Terrible
Right so how about 6 players represent each of the 6 districts and pick an XI that they predict will dominate this year.
The selector will get their district and then select their XI and then as the one day tournament goes on be rated on the players they have chosen performances.

Anyway the way I envision the selecting process is that every one who signs up will take a district, mine will be Wellington. I get to choose 3 players who are currently contracted to Wellington as the basis of my team (as does everyone else with their district).

Then the standard draft style will be used to pick the remaining contracted players. XI + 1 will be selected as injury cover.

Wellington - Athlai
CD - Phlegm
ND - Chewie
Otago - Geg
Canterbury - Hurricane
Auckland - Bahnz

We'll be using the CW fantasy cricket system.

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible

Scoring system.

Also no international matches will be counted so don't pick blackcaps that won't play any games.

Also teams should be of a genuine team structure ie. 1 wicketkeeper, 5 genuine bowling options, 6 proper bats with a couple openers.

Three club retentions:
Athlai - Harry Boam, Luke Woodcock, Michael Pollard
Phlegm - Michael Mason, Jamie How, Kruger van Wyk
NZT - Neil Broom, Neil Wagner, Derek de Boorder
Hurricane - Richard Sherlock, Peter Fulton, Rob Nicol
Chewie - Graeme Aldridge, Bradley Scott, Hamish Marshall
Bahnz - Andre Adams, Gareth Hopkins, Michael Bates

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Some of the imports will stay on but a few are already gone. The blackcaps could play any number of games, the Tests overlap with 3 OD games, while the Pak ODI series overlaps with the majority of the rest, but considering it is a 6 match series players may get rotated.

So whoever doesn't make the games playing XI may go play in the domestic ODs around the same time.

Personally I'm going to avoid blackcaps like Taylor who are a lock to be called up to international duty more often than not but be tempted by fringe players.

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
Yep I'll do ND again

Annoyingly I'll probably have the most players on international duty with a few fringe players who might get called up too :( Means I don't have good players to pick initially.

Graeme Aldridge, Bradley Scott, Daniel Flynn

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
Actually change Daniel Flynn for Hamish Marshall. Apparently he's over here from January. Hopefully he does better than his brother did for me in the HRV Cup game

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
If no one else is keen, I'll take Auckland, with Andre Adams, ****kins and Bates.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Code:
[B]Club Retentions[/B]:

Athlai - Harry Boam, Luke Woodcock, Michael Pollard
Phlegm - Michael Mason, Jamie How, Kruger van Wyk
NZT - Neil Broom, Neil Wagner, Derek de Boorder
Hurricane - Richard Sherlock, Peter Fulton, Rob Nicol
Chewie - Graeme Aldridge, Bradley Scott, Hamish Marshall
Bahnz - Andre Adams, Gareth Hopkins, Michael Bates 
[B]
Round 4:[/B]