• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England can beat India "every day of week": Gough

Howe_zat

Audio File
Goughy. Please, please, don't make me stop respecting you. You were a quality cricketer in your time. I loved you. It's okay, you can do what you like these days. Go on Strictly Come Dancing or whatever reality TV floats your boat, have fun. But please, for ****s sake, shut up.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is what will happen.. England will be beaten to pulp in India and India would be hard to beat in English conditions, Maybe a series draw is the most likely result.
In your opinion of course. I hugely disagree with the idea that Indian bowlers are capable of beating anyone to a pulp in India.

Bun

Banned
I am loving how sensitive English fans are quick to rubbish India's 2nd and 3rd pace bowlers when their own first choice 2nd pace bowler averages worse and their current 2nd and 3rd pace bowlers have played not even one full test series together.

Jarquis

I am loving how sensitive English fans are quick to rubbish India's 2nd and 3rd pace bowlers when their own first choice 2nd pace bowler averages worse and their current 2nd and 3rd pace bowlers have played not even one full test series together.
Broad's not our 2nd best pace bowler.

Jarquis

Haha, slight favorites?

I think I'm done here.
Yeah, I forgot about your ferocious bowling attack which is capable of taking wickets on almost any surface. oh and the flailing English batting attack which regularly fails to post up 400+ scores on any surface.

I probably should've given up when you said Jimmeh/Steyn was closer than Swanneh and Paulol Harris

Shri

Mr. Glass
Goughy. Please, please, don't make me stop respecting you. You were a quality cricketer in your time. I loved you. It's okay, you can do what you like these days. Go on Strictly Come Dancing or whatever reality TV floats your boat, have fun. But please, for ****s sake, shut up.
Goughy is a member here. Gough is the one who you want to shut up.:p

Shri

Mr. Glass
Yeah, I forgot about your ferocious bowling attack which is capable of taking wickets on almost any surface. oh and the flailing English batting attack which regularly fails to post up 400+ scores on any surface.

I probably should've given up when you said Jimmeh/Steyn was closer than Swanneh and Paulol Harris
The reason Eng will never win a series in India is this:

If Eng go 1-0 up in a series, dustbowls will follow and they will crumble in the next game. No way to win unless they lrn2playspin.

Hit Wicket

School Boy/Girl Captain
The point is, recent results against teams don't really mean much if you are talking about how they would do mano-e-mano. If you want to talk about how a team is performing relative to others, you might as well go by the rankings. Hence why bringing up India versus Australia and England versus Australia isn't terribly relevant.

As for how the current English side would do against the current Indian side - like I said, it would be a close series if played in England. I would expect India to beat England quite comfortably in India, though. I don't think the conditions in England would be harder than what India encountered in Durban, if anything it would be easier. And while Graeme Swann, who happens to be my favourite spinner currently, is much better than Harris, India traditionally play right-arm spinners much better than they do left-arm ones, especially right-arm off spinners. The big question is, can India take twenty English wickets ? If Zaheer is fit, I would say yes.
Good point. Something I was about to bring up as well.

Cricket is a more complex game than if A beat B and B beat C, then by deduction B would beat C. The most common illustration of this fact was the India Australia contests over the past 8-10 years when Australia were still a great side.

However, they could never have an easy time against India, even though they were comfortably beating teams who in turn were defeating India. Amongst the reasons was the fact that Warne was reduced to just another spinner against India, so was MacGill. Moreover, a lot of the Australian top order were not comfortable against Kumble and Harbhajan. The same Australian team would hammer the daylights out of South Africa, lose to India, and then India would be outplayed by South Africa.

Shri

Mr. Glass
All I am saying is, if the #1 spot is on the line and a series takes place in India, expect dust bowls. And innings defeats to England.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
india will win in india and england will be favorites at home...gough is an idiot...

gvenkat

State Captain
I'm with Marcuss. I don't think India would win a series between the two in India anywhere near as comfortably as you're all predicting.
Maybe India would not win a series comfortably.. But I'm sure England will have to play out of their skins to even draw a series in India. Higly unlikely.

Jarquis

The reason Eng will never win a series in India is this:

If Eng go 1-0 up in a series, dustbowls will follow and they will crumble in the next game. No way to win unless they lrn2playspin.
Is this post in jest?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Think you might want to learn to count before posting rubbish.