• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England can beat India "every day of week": Gough

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
^^ Add that Imran Tahir factor to SA bowling line up. Steyn, Morkel, Parnell, Kallis and Tahir looks a very good bowling lineup. Id take that over Anderson, Tremlett, Broad and Swann attack, especially if it is in the sub continent.

smash84

The Tiger King
^^ Add that Imran Tahir factor to SA bowling line up. Steyn, Morkel, Parnell, Kallis and Tahir looks a very good bowling lineup. Id take that over Anderson, Tremlett, Broad and Swann attack, especially if it is in the sub continent.
Tahir is still untested in the international arena

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I think if they are playing in India , I would have Harris and Botha both over him.

India smack leg spinners everywhere irrespective of how good they are here.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I think if they are playing in India , I would have Harris and Botha both over him.

India smack leg spinners everywhere irrespective of how good they are here.

biased indian

International Coach
Fairer, but that's no different to Australia in the 90s. Even when the gulf between us was massive, England were still good enough to take the odd Test off Australia. The West Indies didn't lose a Test series for 15 years but at the same time they suffered from similar "inconsistencies" - their win record is nowhere near what I expected it to be.

If any of the top sides deserve to be hit with the "inconsistent" tag, it's South Africa.
But australia didnt lose untill the series was decided and they where 4-0 or 3-0 up in 5 match series

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Don't see Tahir doing well against India tbh.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In my humble opinion (and I hate to say this about the team I've always loved to hate :p) England look the most balanced side in the world right at the moment for mine,, they just don't seem to have any glaring weakness whatsoever, As someone else mentioned, both India & SA do have glaring weaknesses right at the moment.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
But at the same time India and South Africa have some strengths at the moment and matchwinners that are better than England.

Evermind

International Debutant
Meh. Anderson, Tremlett, etc have had ONE really good series so far. None of the English bowlers are anywhere near Steyn's league, and purely on talent, I'd even rate Johnson ahead of anyone in the English team. Let's not forget that Johnson was racking up the same numbers last year as Anderson is, this year. I think time will probably prove:

Steyn >>>>> Morkel > Johnson = Anderson >= Zaheer = Tremlett > Broad

I do think India are #1 at home and probably #3 or #4 away, but no way can England beat them "any day of the week". Ridiculous. They've managed to cash in very well against a particularly vulnerable Australia. Ponting at his peak would've smashed this bowling lineup like any other, and McGrath, Lee and Warne in this team would've definitely beaten it. It's a good team, without any real ATGs (maybe Cook but not convinced yet).

8-) Some KBEs coming up, I'm sure.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Johnson's never had a year as good as Anderson's last year has been.

edit: and lol at Morkel > Anderson. Laughable.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Meh, he could on his day run through any lineup by himself, on any pitch. The only guy I'm afraid of losing a series in India to.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Meh, he could on his day run through any lineup by himself, on any pitch. The only guy I'm afraid of losing a series in India to.
Just a shame his back up bowlers let him down then. If South Africa's attack is as good as you say, they'd be celebrating a series win against the world's number 1 side.