• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Emerging Team Trophy !!

Choora

State Regular
The tour starts from 27th sept in Sri Lanka, the participants are India, Pak and Lanka. Indian team is being lead by Gambhir.

The Squad is : The Team: Gautam Gambhir (capt), Vinayak Mane, Avishkar Salvi, M Bisla, A T Rayudu, Arjun Yadav, Deepak Chougule, Stuart Binny, L Balaji, Dinesh Kartik (wicketkeeper) and Vidyut Sivaramakrishna, Irfan Pathan of Baroda, Laxmi Ratan Shukla, Sanjay Lahiri.

Itinenary:

Sept 27: Sri Lanka vs India.

Sept 28: India vs Pakistan.

Sept 29: Pakistan vs Sri Lanka.

Sept 30: Rest day.

Oct 1: Sri Lanka vs India.

Oct 2: Sri Lanka vs Pakistan.

Oct 3: Pakistan vs India.

I think that India is going to win it!!!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
The Indian squad looks very strong to me, remains to be seen what sides the other nations field.

How is Gambhir an Emerging Player by the way?

Choora

State Regular
PAKISTAN UNDER-23: Junaid Zia (captain), Qaiser Abbas (vice-captain), Babar Naeem, Usman Tariq, Shahid Yousuf, Asim Munir, Aamir Sajjad, Fawwad Alam, Amin-ur-Rehman (wicket-keeper), YasirArafat, Mansoor Amjad, Yasir Ali, Mohammad Khalil, Fahad Masood.

gibbsnsmith

State Vice-Captain
Neil Pickup said:
The Indian squad looks very strong to me, remains to be seen what sides the other nations field.

How is Gambhir an Emerging Player by the way?
well probably because he has hardly experienced in international crcket and [india want a bit of an edge]

Choora

State Regular
Pakistani cricket chairman Tuaqir Zia overruled the selection of his son to lead the Under-23 team to play in a triangular tournament after criticism from cricket commentators. Qaiser Abbas is now going to skip the Pak team!!

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well that all but rules out Gambhir, Salvi & Rayudu for the test series against NZ.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Choora said:
Pakistani cricket chairman Tuaqir Zia overruled the selection of his son to lead the Under-23 team to play in a triangular tournament after criticism from cricket commentators. Qaiser Abbas is now going to skip the Pak team!!
Hmm, maybe he's overruled it so that Junaid can play for the full side?

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I thought he only overruled the captaincy? Im pretty sure Junaid is still in the squad.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
marc71178 said:
Hmm, maybe he's overruled it so that Junaid can play for the full side?
The claim of "daddy" is that he doesn't think his little boy is ready for such a responsibility yet.

Bazza

International 12th Man
Rayudu looks a great talent.

But last time I checked Yasir Arafat wasn't under 23! :lol:

V Reddy

International Debutant
Bazza said:
But last time I checked Yasir Arafat wasn't under 23! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

The Indian Govt recently cleared Indian junior or academy teams to play with Pak but not seniors. India,SRL , Pak teams are supposed to play three tournaments in the next 3 months.

chris.hinton

International Captain
If England enter this Competition who would they pick in the squad

Some names i can think off the top of my head

Rob Key
James Anderson
Mark Wallace
Kabir Ali
Shaftab Khalid
Ian Bell
Kevin Pitersen

Er that it.....

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
1) Quick pointer in the direction of the England Academy and U19 squads...

ACADEMY SQUAD
Kadeer Ali (Worcs), Simon Francis (Somst), Alex Gidman (Gloucs), Simon Jones (Glam), Shaftab Khalid (Worcs), Michael Lumb (Yorks), Sajjid Mahmood (Lancs), Graham Napier (Essex), Scott Newman (Surrey), Kevin Pietersen (Notts), +Matt Prior (Sussex), Bilal Shafayat (Notts), James Tredwell (Kent), Graeme Wagg (Warks)

UNDER 19 SQUAD
*Samit Patel (Notts), Ravinder Bopara (Essex), Tim Bresnan (Yorks), Dan Broadbent (Yorks), Alistair Cook (Essex), Steven Davies (Worcs), Adam Harrison (Glam), James Hildreth (Somst), Mark Lawson (Yorks), +Tom New (Leics), Liam Plunkett (Durham), David Stiff (Yorks), Mark Turner (Durham), Luke Wright (Leics)

2) Junaid Zia is vice-captain whilst Qaiser Abbas takes over captaincy

3) India can play Pakistan because it's multilateral rather than bilateral

4) Since when have Pakistani ages been accurate?! ;)