• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Zimbabwe in Australia Thread

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Richard said:
Purely and simply, because I don't like Hayden and I don't like seeing such a poignant World record to his name. I don't try to take anything away from him (unless he should have been caught in the 340s at long-on), but I still don't like it.
I'd prefer see it to Graeme Smith. I simply can't think of anyone else who's scored with such weight who'd be capable of scoring 381 around today.
Just the same way I don't think I've ever enjoyed anything more in cricket than seeing Astle obliterate Gilchrist's ill-deserved record for fastest Test double-century. Within two weeks.
Smith? Please.:rolleyes:

More like SRT, Lara, Ponting:D or even :O Hayden again!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I can't conceive that anyone can possibly score two Test 350s in a career so that rules-out Lara. SRT has scored one double-century in his Test-career - against Zimbabwe. His consistency is phenominal, but he doesn't score that heavily in innings'.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
I can't conceive that anyone can possibly score two Test 350s in a career so that rules-out Lara.
Surely doing it once before makes it more likely that he can do it again?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
Surely doing it once before makes it more likely that he can do it again?
There've only been a few Test triple-centuries in the game's history, and the only guy to score two (neither a 350) had an average of 99.94.
Incidentally, Ponting could break it, but if Hayden broke it again it would be kinda counter-productive!

iamdavid

International Debutant
Does anyone know why Nathan Pilon is playing ahead of Brad Haddin for NSW in todays ING cup game , is Haddin injured or something??

Pilon is a marginally better keeper but not half the batsman Haddin is.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
PY said:
I was going to say that this was a nice blunt first post, greetings.

1, Elegance isn't everything but I do agree that he doesn't appear classy as some of the players you mention.
2, You can only beat who you're put up against, he did that comprehensively.
3, Will anyone ever get such a big score against anyone who you regard as a proper team? IMO there won't be for a long time.
Well, that's 3 answered!
In fact, there are some interesting comments in this thread all around (my first thread).
This one's particularly good:
Richard said:
I can't conceive that anyone can possibly score two Test 350s in a career so that rules-out Lara.
Great stuff, hindsight! Terrific fun!