• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Zimbabwe in Australia Thread

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
marc71178 said:
I think matches before a certain date were discounted?

In fact looking there it's shown by the quote:

Only Test series since 1 August 2001 count towards the ICC Test Championship table :P
Now look at the matrix again and see SA v WI, SL v Aus etc etc

Plenty pre-2001 in there.

Chubb

International Regular
Gavin Ewing is a class act. He is a really good batter and spinner. But Zimbabwe will really have their work cut out... Streak says they'll be happy drawing but I will be pleased if Zim can take it into 5 days. Stuart Matsikenyeri could have a great future. I saw him hit 55 against Somerset back in June and I think he is a really talented batsman.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Chubb said:
Gavin Ewing is a class act. He is a really good batter and spinner. But Zimbabwe will really have their work cut out... Streak says they'll be happy drawing but I will be pleased if Zim can take it into 5 days. Stuart Matsikenyeri could have a great future. I saw him hit 55 against Somerset back in June and I think he is a really talented batsman.
Welcome to the forums!

I think Zimbabwe are open for a bigger annihilation than Bangladesh got in July because they are on the way down as opposed to the Tigers, who are definitely on the way up.

As for Matsikenyeri, I was of the opinion that he was nothing more than a ZCU-sponsored token black, but he didn't do too bad a job this summer, so I'm yet to damn him into the eternal gates of oblivion. Still, if he averages above 10 I'll be surprised.

Whereabouts in Devon are you from?

Craig

World Traveller
Welcome Chubb. I have never heard of Gavin Ewing before, so who knows, he could be a surprise packet for Zim?

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Craig said:
Welcome Chubb. I have never heard of Gavin Ewing before, so who knows, he could be a surprise packet for Zim?
Here is my profile on him that I wrote for CW. Hopefully Andre might put them up sometime when I've finished them all :)

Attachments

Chubb

International Regular
I'm from Kilmington, a village about 1/2 an hour from Exeter. My family is originally from Essex, which is why I support them. And because someone I know plays for them.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I'm starting at University in Exeter on Sunday.

Right, back to the cricket:

Zimbabwe A (and a fairly strong side at that) beat Namibia twice in two 3-day games played at the end of August but lost the one-day series 2-1

Jan-Berrie Burger brought back World Cup memories. This guy is good.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
http://www.cricket.org/link_to_data...5-96/SL_IN_AUS/

Craig's right.

Australia 3-0 Sri Lanka

Having remembered I have a copy of Wisden two feet away, I also add:

1989-90: Australia 1-0 Sri Lanka (1 draw)
1987-88: Australia 1-0 Sri Lanka
Totally OT but those three hundreds by The Guru, Tillakeratne and Jayasuriya were all absolute class. Tillakeratne's and Jayasuriya's were probably the two best but all three were something special in what was otherwise a walkover.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Zimbabweans v Rockingham-Mandurah Invitational XI

Zimbabweans 1st innings - 149 ao
(Ervine 41, Wates 4/22, Gilbert 3/35)

R-M Inv XI 1st innings - 123 ao
(Ronchi 44, Ervine 5/38)

Zimbabweans 2nd innings - 107/6
(Wishart 32*, Taylor 2/19, Heal 2/27)

Ervine having himself quite a game...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Re: Zimbabweans v Rockingham-Mandurah Invitational XI

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Zimbabweans 1st innings - 149 ao
(Ervine 41, Wates 4/22, Gilbert 3/35)

R-M Inv XI 1st innings - 123 ao
(Ronchi 44, Ervine 5/38)

Zimbabweans 2nd innings - 107/6
(Wishart 32*, Taylor 2/19, Heal 2/27)

Ervine having himself quite a game...
And he got 51 of Zimbabwe's 255 (Wishart got 116) and he has the only R-M Inv XI 2nd innings wicket so far - 50/1.

Mr Mxyzptlk

No disrespect to Zimbabwe intended, but I don't think it matters whether Australia play two spinners or not.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
No disrespect to Zimbabwe intended, but I don't think it matters whether Australia play two spinners or not.
Its hard not to be disrespectful. Although i agree with you. The Aussis could play two paceman and one spinner and still win.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
Should Australia consider two spinners for the Sydney Test against Zim?
Who would be the 2nd though?

If the attack (if all fit) isn't Pigeon, Dizzy, Binga and MacGill (don't know his nickname ;)), I will be shocked.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
marc71178 said:
Who would be the 2nd though?

If the attack (if all fit) isn't Pigeon, Dizzy, Binga and MacGill (don't know his nickname ;)), I will be shocked.
Prepare to be shocked. Glenn 'Pigeon' McGrath is a 50/50 chance to play. Not sure of the injury, but theres half a chance he'll miss.

The second spinner would be Hogg...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Zimbabwe getting an excellent win against the Cricket Australia Chairman's XI.

CA XI 240 all out (49.5 Overs)
(RJ Campbell 65, GB Hogg 39, DR Martyn 31)
(HH Streak 4/33, AM Blignaut 3/47)

Zimbabweans 241/3 (41.2 Overs)
(SV Carlisle 89*, CB Wishart 63*, MA Vermeulen 61)
(Williams 1/37 [9], Angel 1/45 [7], Funky Miller 0/69 [9], Hogg 0/31 [7])

Langeveldt

Soutie
Chubb said:
I'm from Kilmington, a village about 1/2 an hour from Exeter. My family is originally from Essex, which is why I support them. And because someone I know plays for them.
Cool, im from Stoke St.Mary in Somerset, just off the M5 at Taunton, do you get yourself to the county ground much? I wouldnt blame you if you didnt lol....

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Are you seriously trying to tell me a fit McGrath wouldn't play for Australia Mr P?

If not, who would replace him?!