Cricket Player Manager
Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* Zimbabwe in Australia Thread

International Debutant
    Originally posted by iamdavid

By the way is John Davison eligable to play for Australia after representing Canada so recently?
    Yes

International Debutant
    Ervine has alos shown improvment since the England tour he made a very good fifty and his bowling was by far the best off all of the Zimbabwe bowlers including Streak.

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    true noffke could be injured, not sure how bad that is. Bracken would not get picked, he hasn't been good enough at first class level, most of his sucess comes from one dayers.

on Cam white, yeah, but one test on a wicket that will more than likley turn quite abit, missing just a grade game in melbourne is hardly going to harm it, and Macgill will probably be around to give him some advice. and he will more than likley be able to take wickets against a batting line up that looked very un impressive against leg spin.

white wouldn't get the call up over hogg, hogg has more expetrience and has been a pretty regular wicket taker for the national team in recent times
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

Having Lee and Bichel open for Australia has got to be one of the poorest new ball partnerships they have had.

Lee's accuracy and line and length is inconsistant while Bichel is ok, but nothing special.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

interestingly Cam white has found a litle form for the Victorian 2nd XI (which is more a young XI rather than an actual 2nd XI)

he captained and won.

Made 59 and 87 with the bat and took 4/60 and 3/88 with the ball

Originally posted by Craig
    Having Lee and Bichel open for Australia has got to be one of the poorest new ball partnerships they have had.

Lee's accuracy and line and length is inconsistant while Bichel is ok, but nothing special.

lol, hardly, Lee is still a little rusty from the off season, but starting to show more form today, will get better for the next match, Bichel is a champ too

International Debutant iamdavid's Avatar

This is the best I have seen Bichel bowl in a test match , I think the day is fast approaching when he will replace Lee in Australias best test XI , Lee's actually not that inaccurate anymore , he is just a two length bowler who gets impatient to quickly.

His ball to get Streak was unplayable , why? , because he hit the right length , if only he did that more often then what a bowler he would be.

International Debutant

What would you know Craig Bichel has bowled great of late and and a few off his spells in this test have been outstanding.

Also Lee was accurate this whole test and despite not taking as many wickets as he may like at least he is not bowling wildly and just giving the batsman runs.

His RPO has been better than Bichel and he could have taken a few more wickets if things had gone his way.

This is the best I have seen Bichel bowl in a test match , I think the day is fast approaching when he will replace Lee in Australias best test XI , Lee's actually not that inaccurate anymore , he is just a two length bowler who gets impatient to quickly.

His ball to get Streak was unplayable , why? , because he hit the right length , if only he did that more often then what a bowler he would be.
    Give him half a chance to get into the season, he can bowl good length when he shoses, but that is not his role in the side most of the time. his role is to take wickets, something that he has alot of sucess with with his SR of 50.7. McGrath is there to keep it tight, Gillespie does abit of both. Bichel is more the McGrath / Gillespie type bowler and less of the wicket taker, on his type of pitch he will tear through any team, but not, he will hardly take any wickets, Lee takes wickets anywhere and can pull wickets from nowhere. but most improtantly he is a penetrating wicket taker, which completes the aussie attack

International Debutant

And thats why wee need to keep him in the team. He is a two length bowler allthough less than last year but he is actualy quite accurate when he has to be. basicly once it clicks in his head "right this is how I have to bowl in test matches to be a great fast bowler" he will just go from strength to strength.

It's Lee's impatience that he will not be a world class bowler.

Oh Eclipse I will be ignoring that comment if you were trying to get a harsh reply.

Oh and I know quite a bit about the game and if you dont like it, dont reply, you know my thoughts on players so you know what you are getting yourself into.

Originally posted by Eclipse
    And thats why wee need to keep him in the team. He is a two length bowler allthough less than last year but he is actualy quite accurate when he has to be. basicly once it clicks in his head "right this is how I have to bowl in test matches to be a great fast bowler" he will just go from strength to strength.
    But shouldnt he be doing this at FC cricket first then at Test level?

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    But shouldnt he be doing this at FC cricket first then at Test level?
    Australia can most certainly afford to let him do it at Test level though. That's the quickest way for him to learn - trial by fire.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

International Debutant iamdavid's Avatar
    What do all you guys think of Brad Williams?

School Boy/Girl Cricketer roofromoz's Avatar
    Originally posted by Eclipse
    Ervine has alos shown improvment since the England tour he made a very good fifty and his bowling was by far the best off all of the Zimbabwe bowlers including Streak.
    Yeah, I think Sean Ervine has been Zimbabwe's best in this match... his bowling was thoughtful, and got rewarded with a 4 wicket haul. And in the second innings, he seemed to be the only one who took it to the Australian bowlers, and in the process got a 50.

I think the Zimbabweans need to change their attitude with their batting. They should be a bit more adventurous.
    TRUE TO THE BLUES
    Defending ING and Pura Cup champions

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread Information