• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tremlett the next fast bowling great?

Xuhaib

International Coach
A tall quick who is accurate bowls with good pace and gets decent seam movement of the track his height allows him to get a lot of bounce of the track the last time a fast bowler combined all these attributes was a bloke named G.Mcgrath.So whats the take on the lad?

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
A tall quick who is accurate bowls with good pace and gets decent seam movement of the track his height allows him to get a lot of bounce of the track the last time a fast bowler combined all these attributes was a bloke named G.Mcgrath.So whats the take on the lad?
If he keeps bowling as well as he has been then he has a very good chance of being one of the best ever.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
But... but... Aussie (the poster) said India's win in England in 2007 didn't count because Tremlett was playing instead of Harmison and Hoggard, so he can't be that good, can he? /sarcasm

Seriously, he looks like a top prospect, but need to see a lot more of him.

Howsie

International Captain
The next fast bowling great? I don't know, being 29 already he's going to have to get a move on. I like him however, I definitely rate him a lot more then Stuart Broad and at this stage Steven Finn, he has a lot more going for him then both Broad and Finn put together imo.

I guess it'll just come down to whether or not he can stay injury free I suppose, from what I've read that's only thing that's stopped him from playing more then five test matches at this stage of his career.

kingkallis

International Coach
Lets compare him with Andrew Caddick and not with McGrath!

He will have a decent record but dont see him doing anything as good as Pidge.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Lets compare him with Andrew Caddick and not with McGrath!

He will have a decent record but dont see him doing anything as good as Pidge.
Caddick was certainly no way as accurate as him also he use to have a lot of off days even though sample size is small but Tremlett does not look like a guy who will have many off days ofcoure filling Mcgrath shoes is not easy but I do feel he's the best bet out there.

kingkallis

International Coach
Caddick was certainly no way as accurate as him also he use to have a lot of off days even though sample size is small but Tremlett does not look like a guy who will have many off days ofcoure filling Mcgrath shoes is not easy but I do feel he's the best bet out there.
Let him have 30-40 games under his belt first.

Rant0r

International 12th Man
I rate him quite highly, I watched his first series against India and for some reason (injury perhaps) he hasn't reappeared until now. Maybe his lack of pace turns some judges off, but he's certainly no slouch. I reckon if you got him angry (see Curtly Ambrose and being asked to take off the sweat bands) he could crank it up

Xuhaib

International Coach
You can add Matty Sinclair to that list too.

I'm reluctant to throw the ATG label around. You can't predict ATGs. I do think Tremlett has a very good chance of being a world class bowler however.
yeah he might be a tad late for an ATG but could see him do a bowling version of Hussey.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Actually Tremlett kind of bang in short bowlers and get movement bowlers are less likely to be succesful in all conditions then the swing bowlers who can seam it too like Steyn,Zaheer and Anderson to some extent.
This applies to Morkel too.

The Likes of Mcgrath and Ambrose were so special because they could do both.
The subcontinent will specially be a test for him.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Too early, but bowled very well. God plenty of the attributes to be very good.

Showed all of this in 2007 as well tbf.

Ruckus

International Captain
While he was undoubtedly excellent, there has never really been a situation in series where the Aus batsmen have dominated. The big test for Tremlett will be whether he can maintain his good form when under pressure - our batsmen have been so woeful in this series so far, the English bowlers must have felt they were in with a wicket chance almost every ball. I've heard Tremlett has some confidence issues, not unlike Anderson, so I guess only time will tell...

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don't think so. Gets injured too often and bowls fractionally too short for his home conditions. Excellent bowler, I expect he'll finish averaging around 30.