• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

200 test catches

Dissector

International Debutant
Today of course Dravid became the first fielder to take 200 test catches with a real beauty off Harbhajan. Here is a list of the other top catchers. Who has the best chance of reaching 200? Ponting needs 23 but you have to wonder if he will play the 15-20 tests he would need to get there. Both Kallis and Jayawardane need 35 but the latter will probably slow down now that Murali is retired. Kallis probably has the best shot. Given that Dravid isn't likely to play for long he has a great chance of moving past him and holding the record for a very long time.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Kallis could well catch him on both catches and runs.

As for the younger ones, ABDV (82 catches in 6 years, aged 26) looks a possibility.

But I have a feeling we're far from done with Rahul. Quality player.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Kallis will get very very close. Will probably play longer than Dravid too, so a real chance.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Kallis is a selfish slips fielder. Gets in the way of other fielders obviously. Only cares about records and not his team :ph34r:

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Over rated player. Will be an inconsequential record to hold.
Haha. But it's a consequential if your fellow Indian holds it right?

Anyone who thinks Kallis is overrated is sadly mistaken. If anything he's underrated.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Ah right, my bad. I must still be fired up from a previous conversation with a mate about how Kallis is over-rated.

AB dV will definitely get to 200..the modern day version of Mark Waugh.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Well you're in the right place. Thought there are some Kallis detractors on this board, there are plenty of huge Kallis fans as well here. I'm one of them. WAG.

But as an Indian fan, I hope to God he fails in the 4th innings tomorrow :ph34r:

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Kallis could well catch him on both catches and runs.

As for the younger ones, ABDV (82 catches in 6 years, aged 26) looks a possibility.

But I have a feeling we're far from done with Rahul. Quality player.
Mahela Jayawardane has an good chance to beat him. Both runs and catches considering he's 33. It will be a three way battle between Dravid, Kallis and Jayawardane for most catches, and all will finish some where close to each other in the number of runs they have scored.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mahela Jayawardane has an good chance to beat him. Both runs and catches considering he's 33. It will be a three way battle between Dravid, Kallis and Jayawardane for most catches, and all will finish some where close to each other in the number of runs they have scored.
Yeah, good call.

Dissector

International Debutant
I didn't realize that Jayawardane was just 33. He should have a good shot then though it also depends on how the post-Murali bowlers shape up.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Interestingly when all international catches combined,

Kallis - 285 off 466, 0.611
Dravid - 323 off 414, 0.780 (as non wicket keeper)
Mahela - 342 off 477, 0.717

Dravid seems to be getting much more catches his way too. Zaheer Khan vs RHB and Harbhajan would be the factors IMO.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Kallis is a selfish slips fielder. Gets in the way of other fielders obviously. Only cares about records and not his team :ph34r:
Dravid only has so many catches as the BCCI prepare specially prepared slip-catching pitches that favour him in every home test. It's all a rort, I tells ya.

Seriously though, kudos to Dravid. I remember watching his first test against England and thinking that he [and Ganguly] was a real talent and was going to go far. On ya.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member

Dravid seems to be getting much more catches his way too. Zaheer Khan vs RHB and Harbhajan would be the factors IMO.
You forgot Kumble so soon!

'caught Dravid bowled Kumble' was so common for a decade...

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Surely it's because Kallis is a second slip rather than a first and bowls a bit.

Blaze 18

Banned
Good on Rahul Dravid. I am not sure the record will last long, though. I can see one of Jacques Kallis-Ricky Ponting taking it soon.