• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

new captain? young players? a team of allrounders?

mudrunner

Cricket Spectator
we cant take 20 wickets. we havent got class bowlers. we havent even got consistently mediocre bowlers. our good young ones are either mothballed, injured, or overlooked. we cant bat out a win.

we need to take 20 wickets to win. 20 wickets to win! how can we do that with 4 bowlers and a couple of part timers?

a team of all rounders, well captained. we have got a glut of good allrounders. but only one or 2 get picked. pick ten of them along with the wickey.

who would the team be?

(not batting order.)

shane watson
cameron white (C)
james hopes
mitchel johnson
steve smith
steve o'keefe
andrew mcdonald
Tim Paine
Moses Henriques
Callum Ferguson
josh hazelwood (not allrounder but top prospect)
12th man? you decide

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
If anything, Australia has too many allrounders in its current side. If the selectors think Smith's the best #6 available and want to give him a run at that, that's fine, but I get the distinct feeling they probably don't, and he's only the sixth best bowler in the lineup. There's absolutely no reason for Australia to not pick their six best batsmen when Shane Watson exists.

Spark

Global Moderator
The level of fail in the original post is difficult to comprehend.

Lolling at PEWS for taking it semi-seriously.

I'm highly tempted to make a parody thread, especially after some of the posts this evening, but I can't make myself stoop to that level...

Last edited:

kingkallis

International Coach
we cant take 20 wickets. we havent got class bowlers. we havent even got consistently mediocre bowlers. our good young ones are either mothballed, injured, or overlooked. we cant bat out a win.

we need to take 20 wickets to win. 20 wickets to win! how can we do that with 4 bowlers and a couple of part timers?

a team of all rounders, well captained. we have got a glut of good allrounders. but only one or 2 get picked. pick ten of them along with the wickey.

who would the team be?

(not batting order.)

shane watson
cameron white (C)
james hopes
mitchel johnson
steve smith
steve o'keefe
andrew mcdonald
Tim Paine
Moses Henriques
Callum Ferguson

12th man? you decide

You had to copy these 2 names from some website, isnt it?

mudrunner

Cricket Spectator
You had to copy these 2 names from some website, isnt it?
capital observation old chap.....except you cant count. its obviously 3........

thanks PEWS for a measured response. im amazed at the toffee nosed smart asses here on this thread. there are dead****s on every forum, but this thread seems to have attracted your finest!

dont they realise a forum is for discussion? im not saying the best team is one of all rounders. but i believe its an interesting concept, worthy of discussion, to have 10 or 11 bowling choices, and ten or 11 batsmen.

shane watson is a great example of what an allrounder can achieve. i think the idea deserves discussion, not a thread for dead****s to grandstand.

Last edited:

Blaze 18

Banned

who would the team be?

(not batting order.)

shane watson
cameron white (C)
james hopes
mitchel johnson
steve smith
steve o'keefe
andrew mcdonald
Tim Paine
Moses Henriques
Callum Ferguson
12th man? you decide

Is that a T20 side ?

pskov

International 12th Man
That side wouldn't beat

Davies+
Wright
Patel
Blackwell
Yardy
Broad
Rashid