• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best up and coming players

Which is the best of the prospects?

• Total voters

Mike5181

International Captain
Recently we have seen a few talented youngsters arrive on the scene like Williamson. A 20 year old with immense talent and the biggest hype around a New Zealand batsmen in a long time and has brought on comparisons with Martin Crowe.

Darren Bravo a 21 year old West Indies batsmen who has a touch of Lara in him and is already starting to show his class on the test scene.

Usman Khawaja a 24 year old Australian batsmen with hints of Ponting, Saeed Anwar in his technique and timing that would make most international batsmen jealous.

So this begs the question. Which of these is the biggest prospect to challenge legendary status on the international status?

Khuwaja
YouTube - Usman Khawaja 121 v South Australia, 12/12/10 720p HD

Thats Khawaja at his best.

Last edited:

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Roach is already the leader of the WI attack at 20. Very impressive bowler who simply looks a class above any other young quick. If he stays fit he should add to the legacy of great West Indian fast bowlers.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Roach is already the leader of the WI attack at 20. Very impressive bowler who simply looks a class above any other young quick. If he stays fit he should add to the legacy of great West Indian fast bowlers.
He's 21 now but I have no doubt he'll be one of the leading bowlers in the next two years along with guys like Steyn and Beer. Injuries withholding, the Windies are putting together a seriously good team soon

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
He's 21 now but I have no doubt he'll be one of the leading bowlers in the next two years along with guys like Steyn and Beer. Injuries withholding, the Windies are putting together a seriously good team soon
Well he is 22 actually on checking. Regardless he is young and on a quick rise.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
?????

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Think he is joking. We hope he is joking.
Not sure what Jono is on about here. He's a tall spinner, and they're proven to be fairly good, so I don't see why not. He has the will and drive so there is some definite potential