• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worst #1 Bowling Attack

Athlai

Not Terrible
I was just wondering if India's bowling attack of

Sreesanth
I Sharma
Unadkat
Harby
and Raina/Tendulkar

is the worst ever bowling attack fielded by a #1 Test team. Surely has to be right up there, would also be interesting to see if someone can dig out the worst batting lineup by a #1 team.

Last edited:

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Well were Australia number one officially in 1998 2nd test vs India? How about the Brisbane and Adelaide test 2003 v India? Pretty woeful attacks then.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well were Australia number one officially in 1998 2nd test vs India? How about the Brisbane and Adelaide test 2003 v India? Pretty woeful attacks then.
In 1998, it was pretty mixed. Were the No. 1 in 2003 however.

Himannv

International Coach
I was just wondering if India's bowling attack of

Sreesanth
I Sharma
Unadkat
Harby
and Raina/Tendulkar

is the worst ever bowling attack fielded by a #1 Test team. Surely has to be right up there, would also be interesting to see if someone can dig out the worst batting lineup by a #1 team.
Where's Sehwag?

vcs

Haha, I see it is open season to have a go at India right now.

robelinda

Gillespie was good, but so is Harby now. MacGill was never going to be anything but slaughtered by India in 2003, ridiculously flat pitches. Id say our attack was probably better marginally though. India are so doomed when Sachin and Dravid retire, this theory that there are all these stunning batsmen waiting for a chance looks like garbage to me, Raina is just a short form tonker. Pujara looks ok, so does Kholi though.

Noble One

Haha, I see it is open season to have a go at India right now.
Fair question to ask though?

MCG 2003 was the worst as an Australian follower. That was a tough period considering we played India that summer, and the wickets in Australia have never been flatter.

Lee (during his very poor part of his career)
Bracken
Williams
MacGill

robelinda

All 4 pitches were roads. Both teams had one bad collapse on one afternoon that cost them a test match each.

vcs

MCG 2003 was the worst as an Australian follower. That was a tough period considering we played India that summer, and the wickets in Australia have never been flatter.

Bracken
Williams
MacGill
Oh yeah, by all means, it's a valid question to ask. Just find the timing of all these threads a bit amusing.

Gillespie played all four matches in that series BTW. MacGill was always going to be fodder for India, but he's a pretty decent bowler who would have played a lot more cricket for any other country, as his record shows.

morgieb

Bracken
Williams
MacGill
And yet we won that game by a landslide. Shows what a bad attack can do :p

robelinda

Bracken
Williams
MacGill
Surely the SCG test was the worst test imaginable as an aussie fan, India batting 2 and a bit days, 700+, Lee going for over 200, not a hope of bowling India out. Painful summer of flat pitches on the first few days of each match, as much as I like batting its pretty meaningless when its so flat.

vcs

I still think Agarkar taking that 6-for was a bigger miracle than the one that happened at Eden Gardens a couple of years back. :laugh:

Against Australia's full-strength all-star batting lineup, no less. And Tendulkar's wickets in that 2nd innings were so awesome. :wub:

Last edited: