• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

US deal!

Flem274*

123/5
actually NZ is the best side to play the US. The US will always feel they are in with a chance and when NZ get going they really are a treat to watch especially McCullum.
:laugh:Harsh. Don't think we've fallen that far.

Odd that our test batting is better than our ODI batting by a long way.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I don't understand how it'll work, tbh. Why would Americans want to watch NZers (or any other team for that matter) play T20's there? Given the time zone differences, how does playing in the US as a sort of second home benefit kiwi viewers back at home?

NZ Guy

U19 Captain
I don't understand how it'll work, tbh. Why would Americans want to watch NZers (or any other team for that matter) play T20's there? Given the time zone differences, how does playing in the US as a sort of second home benefit kiwi viewers back at home?
Ive heard Justin Vaughan talk about the US being a place for off season games and academies or something like that, would be very good for our injury record as instead of training indoors in the NZ winter our academmy players can go off to USA for a couple of months

Flem274*

123/5
Haha, so basically we've bought ourselves a patch of grass to practice on and made some promises to the USA Cricket Board that we'll help them out?

cricman

International 12th Man
Such an Untapped Market it's shame really

You work in Partnership with Major League Baseball during the summer, you take one of Their northeastern Markets with a high Asian Population (NY, Philly, Boston) you use the stadium for 10-12 days for Triangular or a Quad with Pak/Ind/SL/Ban and you'll fill up the stadium to at least half Capacity (25,000) wouldn't even surprise me if they sold out.

What does US board and NZ do?

They Organize a T20 in middle of retirements people homes in Florida and barely Crack 1K in attendance.

juro

U19 12th Man
Well Florida is close enough to the West Indies, and they do have an ICC approved ground, so it does make a bit of sense...

How big are the baseball grounds anyway? Would the grounds permit a pitch to be dropped in, in the middle of the baseball season?

joels344

U19 Debutant
What does US board and NZ do?

They Organize a T20 in middle of retirements people homes in Florida and barely Crack 1K in attendance.
Yeah, terrible decision.

The USA Cricket Association is a complete failure. I'm attempting to organize a local from my collegel to compete in tournaments , but the website is so awfully set-up, that I have no idea where to even start. I have around 12 to 14 that want to play, but getting organized is the problem.

brockley

International Captain
Great deal for nz,they benefit big time.
Good for american players get t20 experience before the next world cup,plus fans get to see nz play international teams.
A one day league i don't see it,their is a current 20/20 league just sign up foreigners for it.

juro

U19 12th Man
Cricinfo has an article saying the US want to start up a T20 league with international players in mid 2012. Considering how much work would need to be done to set this up, including getting decent grounds, there is an awful lot of work that needs to be done in 1.5 years!

jashan83

U19 Captain
Even if Cricket is taken up by half the no of native US people that follow Soccer, it would be great for the game. US have 5 M USD in first year to have a head start and then 2 M USD each for next 2 years. And best thing is the 20-20 league will not be managed by USACA but Cricket Holding USA, and it will have people who would have invested, and they would ensure not messing around.

I will surely follow this league. The see many pessimistic people out here on cricket web on USA and so much against 20-20, I rather am very optimistic and know it will work

juro

U19 12th Man
I wonder how much money has been pumped into soccer in the USA to get it to where it is today...

juro

U19 12th Man
Yet there are people trying to get cricket into these schools too, with some success. Check out the website of the United States Youth Cricket Association. This has only been going for less than a year but has managed to get cricket into schools in several counties of Maryland. Yes, there are thousands more schools out there but you have to start somewhere...