• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sachin says no to liquor brand endorsement, turns down $22 million

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
It's beside the point. The fact he is does have an excessive amount of money now, so any decision like this he makes, while commendable, is hardly that extraordinary - I think you'd find the vast majority of people if they were in his situation would have done exactly the same thing. If it was any other player than Tendulkar, I doubt this thread would even exist. Don't see where you are getting the "blame Tendular" vibe from either, should more be a "good on him, but who really cares" vibe.
Do you even understand what turning down a multi million dollar contract when he was only 18 or 19 means? He did not have 1% of the money he has now at that time and he still turned down that contract..

"who really cares" is beside the point.. Obviously some people do, otherwise this thread wouldn't exist. The proof of the pudding is in the eating, right? :p

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
It's beside the point. The fact he is does have an excessive amount of money now, so any decision like this he makes, while commendable, is hardly that extraordinary - I think you'd find the vast majority of people if they were in his situation would have done exactly the same thing. If it was any other player than Tendulkar, I doubt this thread would even exist. Don't see where you are getting the "blame Tendular" vibe from either, should more be a "good on him, but who really cares" vibe.
And to be honest, had it been any other player who turned down the deal when he was 18 and is doing so again now, I would have definitely created a thread for it.

Ruckus

International Captain
Do you even understand what turning down a multi million dollar contract when he was only 18 or 19 means? He did not have 1% of the money he has now at that time and he still turned down that contract..

Are gonna wake up to facts or enjoy this little Sachin bashing based on everything except facts?
Firstly, that's not the thread topic. Secondly, I have no idea what the context of that was, so unless you enlighten me about the nature of the contract and what it was (Director's Special and Wills) I can't comment. Thirdly, even if that decision was soley based on a moral code, it is irrelevant to this example because he actually has bucketloads of money now.

Also, why are you saying "Sachin bashing"? Just sounds like irrational fan-boy talk to me. I have not been 'bashing' him at all, in fact you'll find I have commended him multiple times now. All I have been saying is that this thread topic is just a big 'so what?'.