Fri Jan 21
    4th ODI - South Africa v India
    St George's Park, Port Elizabeth

Sun Jan 23
    5th ODI - South Africa v India
    SuperSport Park, Centurion

South Africa's series' to lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

Bun
    Banned
    Will there be a seperate forum for this like the AShes?

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Quote Originally Posted by Bun View Post
    Will there be a seperate forum for this like the AShes?
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

As already pointed out, South Africa's series to lose.

Still I won't be able to watch live I think, but if it remains overcast, SA win the toss and Steyn gets the new ball I think I'll go into depression.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chicane View Post
    As already pointed out, South Africa's series to lose.

Still I won't be able to watch live I think, but if it remains overcast, SA win the toss and Steyn gets the new ball I think I'll go into depression.

Is ten cricket the only channel that is going to be covering the series ?

Cricket Web Staff Member Woodster's Avatar
    Massive test for India this, they want to be recognised as the best team in the world, then they have win series such as these in unfamiliar conditions. Similarly for SA, they have to beat the best to be considered as the best, it promises to be a great series.

On an individual basis we have heard so much of Virender Sehwag recently, and rightly so as he's been in blistering form. but will be interesting to see how he copes with the problems he'll face on these SA pitches. If he thrives then we can talk about him as one of the finest destructive batsmen in the world, regardless of conditions. I personally still have certain reservations about him when the track's a little more sporting.
    http://batallday.blogspot.com/ - Cricket blog dedicated to domestic cricket.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Shame this isn't a 4 Test series tbh.

Would be a tough series for India. Already the talk of the pitches having more bounce in SA. Hope they do well still. Obviously its a tussle between the Indian batsmen and South African bowlers. I would like to see Pujara playing instead of Raina, who is an utter failure against bouncing ball. SA'n batting has gone really strong in the last couple of years with Amla and AB finding great success in the test arena. Would be nice to see how Indian bowlers perform on helpful wickets. All in all an intriguing series awaits..!!

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    RSA's to lose.. And this time, it is not an attempt at the anti-jinx or whatever..
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

I would make SA favourites aswell, think India will struggle to come to terms with these conditions against a strong side.

Banned
    A question for the Indian fans on this site : if you had to choose between India winning the test series against South Africa and India winning the World Cup, what would you go for ?

Pretty tough that. Still i would go for the series win in SA. We have won the WC before but a test series in SA where conditions are so alien to many players in India will be quite an achievement. We have always been called as bad tourists and this win would clear doubts and uncertainties to a certain extent that many people have over this team being not deserving to be no:1. WC happens int he sub continent and in all likely hood we have a good chance to win it. But winning a test series in SA is going to be more sweeter for me. Moreover we haven't won a test series in SA ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Prad100w View Post
    Pretty tough that. Still i would go for the series win in SA. We have won the WC before but a test series in SA where conditions are so alien to many players in India will be quite an achievement. We have always been called as bad tourists and this win would clear doubts and uncertainties to a certain extent that many people have over this team being not deserving to be no:1. WC happens int he sub continent and in all likely hood we have a good chance to win it. But winning a test series in SA is going to be more sweeter for me. Moreover we haven't won a test series in SA ever.
    Fair enough, good to see Test cricket still plays an important part in the Indian supporters mind. I agree in that India have an exceptional chance of winning the World Cup, and this series represents a bigger test, in unfamiliar conditions against a strong outfit.

Not sure the BCCI would go along with this, I know schedules are very tight these days, but surely they should have made time available for one first-class tour match in SA at the very least. They are going straight into the Test series with only net practice giving them the chance to adjust. Poor preparation imo.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Prad100w View Post
    Pretty tough that. Still i would go for the series win in SA.We have won the WC before but a test series in SA where conditions are so alien to many players in India will be quite an achievement. We have always been called as bad tourists and this win would clear doubts and uncertainties to a certain extent that many people have over this team being not deserving to be no:1. WC happens int he sub continent and in all likely hood we have a good chance to win it. But winning a test series in SA is going to be more sweeter for me. Moreover we haven't won a test series in SA ever.
    Yeah, that is how I look at it as well. I would have gone for the World Cup if India hadn't won it in 1983, though.

Page 1 of 671 1231151101501 ... LastLast

Thread Information