• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in South Africa

Teja.

Global Moderator
Indian fans can take solace in the fact that atleast in aussie rules, This series never happened due to the absence of Zaheer Khan.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
As the article says, their bowling attack is not on the same planet as SA's (Martin's miracle spell in Ahmedabad aside) and India were lucky enough to bowl first when the conditions were helpful in the first Test.`
yeah.. I am not really saying it was NOT a mistake, but juz that these sort of things get noticed when you fail than when you succeed... It was a mistake then and a mistake now but not so big that we are gonna offer than as the reason for us failing like this. Quality bowling and abysmal batting means we were gonna fold up like this, practice game or no practice game.. And honestly, folks like Raina or Dhoni are not gonna get better juz because they get a couple of more innings on these surfaces...

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
lol.. we have to resort to this to overcome this disappointment.. Funnily enough, tests like this give more hope for the other 2 coming up than the likes of the Jo'Burg test we had last time.. Back then, I just KNEW it was too good to be true. This time, it is more like "yeah, we are **** in the first test of a series. So what?"... :)

Checkmate

School Boy/Girl Captain
Pitch will keep drying out (practically no chance of rain for the rest of the test) so some epic 2nd innings batting could still save us!

Well played SA.

Dissector

International Debutant
I just read that Amla's average against India this year is now more than 600. So utterly ridiculous.

I know India has developed the knack of coming back after massive losses to go down 1-0 but surely it's not going to happen this time round in South Africa especially with a dodgy Zaheer. Looks like our charmed run as no.1 is about to end. Whatever the official rankings say, IMO India can no longer be considered no.1 if they lose this series. If we can somehow scrape out a 1-1 draw it will be our biggest escape since the 2001 series.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
yeah.. I am not really saying it was NOT a mistake, but juz that these sort of things get noticed when you fail than when you succeed... It was a mistake then and a mistake now but not so big that we are gonna offer than as the reason for us failing like this. Quality bowling and abysmal batting means we were gonna fold up like this, practice game or no practice game.. And honestly, folks like Raina or Dhoni are not gonna get better juz because they get a couple of more innings on these surfaces...
Yeah, I said that given how SA bowled in the first innings, things would have probably gone in a pretty similar fashion even if we had spent a year playing practice games in SA. But you don't want to leave yourself regrets in the end. Atleast you have the satisfaction of having tried your best and prepared properly. Losing the toss and Zaheer's injury obviously not helping either.