• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket in the subcontinent

WhataMark

Cricket Spectator
Cricket on the Sub continent.... Reflections of an Aussie in the crowd at Shere – Bangla Stadium , Dhaka, Bangladesh

I recently had the chance of going to watch the 3rd ODI of a 5 match series between Bangladesh and Zimbabwe. This is arguably ‘the forgotten series’ with most of the cricketing world focusing on The Ashes, but that still did not stop the Bangladeshis coming out in vast numbers to support their beloved Bangladesh Tigers.

Rest is here ---> Cricket, Bangladesh Style | Thebigtip
Did this little piece on my experience at the cricket.

Feedback is welcome.

Was a good day and a good win for B'desh.

Anyone else on here been to the sub continent and gone to a cricket match, whole different experience than Australia :cool:

jashan83

U19 Captain
Well cricket in Sub Continent is surely a Religion and it is just not in India, Pak, BD or SL. Even in Nep and Afg the nations are now cricket crazy. This is evident of loads of Afghan fans who come out to support their team where ever they play.
Then when Nep hosted the Division 5, they had full stadiums cheering them, all the matches were shown live for the first time in World Cricket League. In Div 4 Nepalese fan's came to support for their Team

Another country of South Asia Bhutan though team is not very good still the game is no 1. there are 3000 Students who play cricket out of arnd 20000 students.

And the last nation Maldives though Cricket is presently no 2, but I am sure will be no 1. This Saturday final of Maldives V Saudi Arabia of ACC Trophy Challenge, the ACC page has 22k hits!!! This shows the popularity and Maldives winning the 3rd title in Cricket (ACC Challenge and 2 ACC Emerging) and just one in Football, and a Cricket Stadium coming soon, Cricket will be No 1

After settling here and when Both Iran and Myanmar open up, I am sure Cricket will take over these countries also. Then this is just the gateway to Middle East and South East Asia. When these countries open is a complete diff question