• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ACC Trophy Challenge 2010

Who Will win the ACC Cup Challenge 2010

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jashan83

U19 Captain
2nd Semi - Final
Thailand vs Saudi Arabia Saudi Arabia win toss and bat
S.Arabia: 223/9, Overs: 50
Thailand: 158/9, Overs:50
Saudi Arabia Won By 65 Runs
... At (AIT) , Bangkok

jashan83

U19 Captain
Tomorrow's matches

7th Place Match:-Myanmar V Brunei (Wud be really interesting to see who will is win)

5th Place Match:- China V Iran (Again wud be a match of equal level teams I guess. Hope to see some gud matches

juro

U19 12th Man
It looks as if Thailand put up a good fight. Is there any news on spectator or local media interest?

jashan83

U19 Captain
It looks as if Thailand put up a good fight. Is there any news on spectator or local media interest?
Nops. i check thai papers. They had news of Ashes but no news of their local team. Very Surprising. Height is that I checked Maldives Papers too and they also had no news of their team. All they had was football. There was a news that SL will tour Maldives. But one thing good about Maldives was that they had lot of their supporters on Cricket Association of Thailand fb page where the match scores was updated.

jashan83

U19 Captain
Today Brunei had their first win in ACC tournaments. It was a very interesting match. They defeated Myanmar. Scores were

MATCH -16
7th & 8th Places
Myanmar vs Brunei
Myanmar Won the toss and Bat
Myanmar: 178/9, overs: 50
... Brunei: 179/8, over: 38.4
Brunei Won the Match By 2 wickets
At (AIT) , Bangkok

jashan83

U19 Captain
The second match was also very interesting but very low scoring. IT IS HIGH TIME THAT ACC GOES WITH A 4 Division Tournament with similar level teams. There were Mismatches even in this tournament. The scores for today were

Iran 55 All Out
China 38 All Out

Spirited performance by iran who defended such a low score

jashan83

U19 Captain
ACC should switch to a 4 Division Structure

The new Structure should be as follows

Div 4 ( Should Happen in April 2011)

Teams
1. Qatar
2. Thailand
3. Iran
4. China
5. Brunei
6. Myanmar
Top 2 teams promoted to Div 3

Div 3 (Should Happen in July 2011)
Teams
1. Singapore
2. Bahrain
3. Saudi Arabia
4. Maldives
5. Winner Div 4
6. Runner's Up Div 4
Top 2 Teams promoted to Div 2, Bottom 2 relegated to Div 4

Div 2 (Should Happen in October 2011)
Teams
1. Oman
2. UAE
3, Kuwait
4. Bhutan
5 Winner Div 3
6, Runner;s Uo Div 3
Top 2 team promoted to Div 1. Bottom 2 Relegated to Div 3

Div 1 (Should Happen in 2012)
Team
1, Afghanistan
2. Nepal
3. Hong Kong
4. Malaysia
5. Winner Div 2
6, Runner;s up Div 2

Top 2 teams play Asia Cup, Bottom 2 Relegated to Div 2

The same cycles continues every 2 years

Presently the no of matched played in Elite + Challenge is 27 + 18 = 45
In new structure it will be 18+18+18+18=72

Good cricket will come at some extra cost though. But this way development will be much greater

darthdrail

Cricket Spectator
Wow! I was right in the poll... Maldives to win... they just beat Saudi Arabia in the final match.

ACC Trophy Challenge 2010 Final
MALDIVES WON BY ONE WICKET
Saudi Arabia won the toss and chose to bat
Saudi Arabia: 139 off 43.3 overs (S.Ali 39, F.Habib 35; A.Faiz 3-19)
Maldives: 140 for 9 off 41.4 overs (A.Shahid 30; S.Ali 5-25; H.Bhatti 3-35)
Man of the Match: Ismail Nihad (Maldives)

Last edited:

jashan83

U19 Captain
I was traveling yesterday and when I saw the results I was shocked. Congrats to Maldives. They improved as the tournament progressed they improved their game.

However while checking the Maldives newspaper and talking to fans Football still remains the no 1 game. However in Football they have just won one tournament SAFF and 3rd time in cricket (ACC Emerging 2 times and ACC Trophy Challenge). So with a little bit of coverage the game is set to become no 1 in the country like other south asian countries