• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Test batsman to play 15<x<30 tests in modern times

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
By the end of the 90's I was pretty sure Ganguly would end up better than Dravid in both forms of the game. I think Kolkata 2001 was the turning point for Dravid, to a lesser extent than for Laxman.
I thought the same about Ganguly and Dravid but there was this tour to NZ in 1999 I think, when I immediately realized that Dravid was a class above all batsmen in the Indian side except Sachin... Even in ODIs there, he was awesome, IIRC.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I thought the same about Ganguly and Dravid but there was this tour to NZ in 1999 I think, when I immediately realized that Dravid was a class above all batsmen in the Indian side except Sachin... Even in ODIs there, he was awesome, IIRC.
Yeah, that tour and the hundred he scored in the 3rd Test in SA in '97. He had a nasty habit of not converting 50s into 100s back then.

Uppercut

If you're saying then "surprising" as in "should have more" then no IMO.
You know fine right if he'd been playing today instead of North he'd be not out on 160 (114) having been dropped three times and given not out after edging to first slip, with the referral system unable to be used because it had been put out of action for one over after being struck by lightning.

smash84

The Tiger King
About Ganguly, While him being made captain obv. was more beneficial to the team, I think it killed him as a batsman, He was almost kissing greatness and averaged 50(?) in the 90s where some 3-4 other blokes did and then regressed into this Marcus North-ish batsman for a long while.
a fair assessment this one.

Blaze 18

Banned
Vinod Kambli. He was touted as a better batsman than Sachin Tendulkar - and he may well have been. However, a few disciplinary issues and bad luck screwed his career.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
You know fine right if he'd been playing today instead of North he'd be not out on 160 (114) having been dropped three times and given not out after edging to first slip, with the referral system unable to be used because it had been put out of action for one over after being struck by lightning.
:laugh:

morgieb

Kambli, Lehmann. Daresay had Lehmann played for anyone else he would been a great or at least had got an extended chance before 32... :dry:

G.I.Joe

International Coach
From his cricinfo profile-

Kambli started his Test career three years after Tendulkar, and three years after he had hit the first ball he received in the Ranji Trophy for six

WAG :laugh: