• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Intercontinental Cup and Intercontinental Shield

jashan83

U19 Captain
The finals of both the tournaments are going on. The Draws are as follows

IC Cup

Afg V Scot (Dec 2-6)

IC Shield

Nam V UAE

Both matches are being held in Dubai

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Looking at the Scottish batsmen's figures for this tournament, I have no idea how they made the final. They have a combined five fifties with no hundreds, and only one batsman averaging over 30. Bowling figures look okay, but still...

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Looking at the Scottish batsmen's figures for this tournament, I have no idea how they made the final. They have a combined five fifties with no hundreds, and only one batsman averaging over 30. Bowling figures look okay, but still...
Wouldn't tour Zimbabwe, Zimbabwe decided to forfeit rather than reschedule.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ahh I remember that now. Having a look, their best batsman of the tournament actually hit two hundreds and just isn't playing in the final, too. Still, when you compare their tournament player stats to Ireland's, it's quite funny.

jashan83

U19 Captain
You are right. Had they played they needed to win in a convincing way to reach the final while Zimbabwe just needed a draw. Ire V Zim final would have been a great competition

jashan83

U19 Captain
Congrats to Craig Williams, Namibia for making 100 in 88 balls and Neil McCallum, the scotish captain for playing a captain's inning and making 104 (221) and taking Scot to a score of 212 beyond the 200 mark.

jashan83

U19 Captain
Haha I don't know about hero's innings - he came in two wickets down when his team already had a first innings lead.
:), Prince I call it hero's inning is because he played very boldly and made a century in just 88 balls and a final score of 116 in just 102 balls. Playing fast still playing very steady

juro

U19 12th Man
I was happy enough for Zimbabwe to take part in the Intercontinental Cup this time so they could get some practice before re-entering the test arena. But it would be unfair for the associate (and affiliate) countries for them to take part in the final. So I thought it was a wonderful gesture for them to forfeit the last game and let the non-test countries play for the final.

Has there been any announcement of the tournament happening again next year?

Howe_zat

Audio File
Hamid Hassan is the real thing I'd say. Bowls with real guile and accuracy. Look at his economy rate this innings - 1.68, with 10 maidens. Scots just couldn't do anything to him.

jashan83

U19 Captain
Great comeback by UAE today. They took 7 wickets for just 54 runs and Namibia 320 AO. But in the end that is a 241 Run lead.

Now UAE are steady at 47 for no loss. Looks like it's turning to be an interesting match

jashan83

U19 Captain
Scots also playing decently. With Afghans at 133/5 we don't know who would take the lead in first innings.