• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ HRV Cup Domestic Selector Game

Athlai

Not Terrible
Right so how about 6 players represent each of the 6 districts and pick an XI that they predict will dominate this year.
The selector will get their district and then select their XI and then as the HRV cup goes on be rated on the players they have chosen performances.

Anyway the way I envision the selecting process is that every one who signs up will take a district, mine will be Wellington. I get to choose 3 players who are currently contracted to Wellington as the basis of my team (as does everyone else with their district).

Then the standard draft style will be used to pick the remaining contracted players. XI + 1 will be selected as injury cover.

Wellington - Athlai
CD - Phlegm
ND - Chewie/Howsie?
Otago - Geg
Canterbury - Somerset
Auckland - Hurricane

We'll be using the CW fantasy cricket system.

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible

Also you must select your team based on a conventional lineup. ie - Wicket keeper, 5 bowling options, 6 genuine batsman

Last edited:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Pencil me in for Otago, unless Voltman wants to join then I will give the team up for his better judgement. :)

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I am an ND fan but I figure Howsie will do a better job than me with that team so put me down for Canterbury. Not 100% sure on the rules but I am sure it will become clear.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
What parts are you foggy on?
We pick three players from our chosen province - and then it is open season on any player you want from whatever province?

And then secondly can we pick Brett Lee and the overseas players provided that someone neglects to pick them earlier. ie is it NZ only players.

Athlai

Not Terrible
We pick three players from our chosen province - and then it is open season on any player you want from whatever province?

And then secondly can we pick Brett Lee and the overseas players provided that someone neglects to pick them earlier. ie is it NZ only players.
Yes after your initial 3 from your province you can pick from anywhere.

You can also pick whoever you want. As long as they play a HRV cup match their figures will be counted, so any overseas players will be counted. If John Key gets called up the Northern Knights and Phlegm has him in his XI that'll count too. So if you have any non-contracted players you have an inkling will kick ass go for them!

Athlai

Not Terrible
It'll start immediately as the HRV cup starts next Thursday and the 12 selections must be in by then. So get cracking. You can pick your 3 Aucklanders even now.

Also you could pick any international your region has contracted in this initial stage now.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Still working on my three players - there are four to choose from Jimmy Adams, Lou Vincent, Guptil, and Andre Adams.

Andre talks a good game

Can someone tell me more about Jimmy Adams is he a journeyman? OR is he unlucky not to be selected for higher honours.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Also need to note that you can't pick someone who is contracted to the NZ national team in your initial 3, it has to be to your region.

(OTHERWISE JEETS?!?!)