• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

5 years and funding to improve your national side - what would you do?

Teja.

Global Moderator
I dunno why Karman Akmal and Umar Akmal are still playing after the entire 'I'll fake an injury and sit out unless you play my br0 lulz' issue. Absolute disgrace. It's not like he's setting the cricketing world alight with his batting either.

smash84

The Tiger King
I dunno why Karman Akmal and Umar Akmal are still playing after the entire 'I'll fake an injury and sit out unless you play my br0 lulz' issue. Absolute disgrace. It's not like he's setting the cricketing world alight with his batting either.
There are a lot of inexplicable things in the Pakistan cricket setup. Like why do they keep trying Sami time after time?????

jashan83

U19 Captain
Great suggestion. Seems like you have given the matter some thought.
Thanks.....If BCCI invests like 10 MUSD in Nepal as a soft loan, I am sure they ll recover the ammount in 10 years. It will lead to similar results in countries like Malaysia, Tanzania, Zambia, Botswana, Argentina or any Asian/African country we will have many decent teams coming up. But 2 points, what motivation has BCCI to do this, and they also do not have the wisdom to put in say Nepal and then enjoy from the income generated for next 10 years.

And ICC does not have the resources :)

I hope cricket stays stable in all 10 Test nations

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
There are a lot of inexplicable things in the Pakistan cricket setup. Like why do they keep trying Sami time after time?????
Haha yeah. The whole (cricketing) system sucks in Pakistan, and from as long ago as I remember.

I remember there was a time in the 90s (when Pakistan was among the very best cricketing nations), when in a ODI XI there were 8 ex-captains playing under a new captain, IIRC. Such a disgrace.

The country produces such unbelievable cricketing talents, only to be grinded by a ****ty system most of the times.

smash84

The Tiger King
Thanks.....If BCCI invests like 10 MUSD in Nepal as a soft loan, I am sure they ll recover the ammount in 10 years. It will lead to similar results in countries like Malaysia, Tanzania, Zambia, Botswana, Argentina or any Asian/African country we will have many decent teams coming up. But 2 points, what motivation has BCCI to do this, and they also do not have the wisdom to put in say Nepal and then enjoy from the income generated for next 10 years.

And ICC does not have the resources :)

I hope cricket stays stable in all 10 Test nations
I don't know much about Nepal but How will it come good in Malaysia??? I was in Malaysia for the past 6 weeks and I didn't really see a lot of enthusiasm for cricket. In fact the only teams that were there were usually made up of expatriate Pakistanis or Indians (not even the local Indian population)

Haha yeah. The whole (cricketing) system sucks in Pakistan, and from as long ago as I remember.

I remember there was a time in the 90s (when Pakistan was among the very best cricketing nations), when in a ODI XI there were 8 ex-captains playing under a new captain, IIRC. Such a disgrace.

The country produces such unbelievable cricketing talents, only to be grinded by a ****ty system most of the times.
So true. Actually I remember Imran leading the side for the first time and there were 7 (IIRC) ex-captains in that side too :).....lol..........Pak cricket....the admin sucks big time
since its inception.........and I do believe that we have had the best bowling talent for the last 30 years amongst all teams even with such a ****ty admin........should have done much better had it not been for the bad admin

jashan83

U19 Captain
I don't know much about Nepal but How will it come good in Malaysia??? I was in Malaysia for the past 6 weeks and I didn't really see a lot of enthusiasm for cricket. In fact the only teams that were there were usually made up of expatriate Pakistanis or Indians (not even the local Indian population)
Well in Part you are right. But Malaysia has got a good cricket infrastructure present. As I explained the whole system of developing cricket, this loan I am talking about developing interest in local population and taking it forward. Remember Malaysia is not averse to cricket because they had a decent team in the past. It is due to the apathy of ICC the interest withered away. Also with tools like 20-20 and IPL and many more similar tournaments and technology this interest can be rekindled.

Malaysia is not much into team games as of now and cricket can be that game.

smash84

The Tiger King
Well in Part you are right. But Malaysia has got a good cricket infrastructure present. As I explained the whole system of developing cricket, this loan I am talking about developing interest in local population and taking it forward. Remember Malaysia is not averse to cricket because they had a decent team in the past. It is due to the apathy of ICC the interest withered away. Also with tools like 20-20 and IPL and many more similar tournaments and technology this interest can be rekindled.

Malaysia is not much into team games as of now and cricket can be that game.
they do have a reasonable amount of interest in soccer. however I would love them to have cricket there. But your suggestions would definitely help to increase the popularity of the game from its current levels.