• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best subcontinental batsman: 2000-2010

Who is the best subcontinental test batsman (2000-2010)

• Total voters

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In ODIs Aravinda > Sanga. There is a gulf between the current lot and Aravinda, Arjuna and Sanath.

In test matches Sanga > Aravinda. But if Aravinda was coached formally, would have averaged 50+ in current era. Sanga is a carefully cultivated talent. Aravinda was picked out of weeds.
AWTA. Not aware about the coaching part, but yeah, such as it stands, those assessments are fair enough.

Sanga and Mahela really don't do justice to their ability in ODIs.

Blaze 18

Banned
I am not trying to denigrate Kumar Sangakkara's achievements as a batsman. He is a fine player, obviously. I rate players a little differently from others, however. If we all had the same views, this forum would cease to exist :)

Shri

Mr. Glass
I am not trying to denigrate Kumar Sangakkara's achievements as a batsman. He is a fine player, obviously. I rate players a little differently from others, however. If we all had the same views, this forum would cease to exist :)
Awta.:ph34r: