Cricket Player Manager
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Glenn McGrath ties knotts with Sara Leonardi

Quote Originally Posted by Himannv View Post
    Boycott - Atherton
    two boring openers together is bad news for ticket buying public. would prefer gooch - strauss anyday.

congrats glenn and sara
    Last edited by bagapath; 20-11-2010 at 08:09 AM.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bagapath View Post
    two boring openers together is bad news for ticket buying public. would prefer gooch - strauss anyday.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    they married yesterday. mike atherton was best man.
    I thought Mike Atherton would've been more likely to get invited around for Easter.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Banned
    Typical of a famous celebrity marrying a young beautiful girl so soon after wife death. If he really cared about his children Mcgrath would have married a older women with children who knows how to take care of other man kids. I feel sorry for Jane kids.

International Vice-Captain robelinda's Avatar
    That is a post you should be completely ashamed of. You have no idea of their relationship and how the kids get on with her etc, why make such a blatant generalisation when you have no facts? To state McGrath doesnt care about his children is absurd. Surely you have something more constructive to say on a cricket forum???

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janki_Jasoos View Post
    Typical of a famous celebrity marrying a young beautiful girl so soon after wife death. If he really cared about his children Mcgrath would have married a older women with children who knows how to take care of other man kids. I feel sorry for Jane kids.
    Wow, how did you manage to post on the internet from way back in the 1940's?

It is kind of a pointless thread though. Anyone who is not overwhelming positive is going to get caned so not a lot to discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Debris View Post
    It is kind of a pointless thread though. Anyone who is not overwhelming positive is going to get caned so not a lot to discuss.

Welcome to the forum, Mr Cholmondley-Warner.

Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    Wow, how did you manage to post on the internet from way back in the 1940's?
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Congrats to both.

Must admit the thought did flash across my mind that it was maybe, possibly a wee bit soon after Jane's death? I'm not standing in judgement on how anyone copes with the grieving process and have no fixed idea of what the "correct" amount of time should be, but I will say that I'd have been slightly disquieted if my mum had remarried so soon after my dad had died.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

International Captain kingkallis's Avatar
    The kids are very young and it looks as if Glenn has taken this decision after some consideration.

Hopefully it will work well for all 4.
    CricZo XI - Draft League

Season 1 M Hayden, G Gooch, R Dravid, W Hammond, K Pietersen, G Sobers, R Marsh (wk), R Benaud (c), D Steyn, W Hall, N Adcock

Season 2 J Hobbs, B Richards, D Boon, H Taylor, C Lloyd (c), A Stewart (wk), T Goddard, A Davidson, H Tayfield, C Ambrose, H Griffith

Season 3 H Sutcliffe, M Hayden, I Chappell (c), G Pollock, A Faulkner, M Hussey, D Lindsay (wk), I Botham, A Kumble, M Marshall, D Lillee

vcs
    I think it is a totally personal decision and the only decent thing to do is wish the couple well. If they publicise it for money though, it is a different matter and people will get cynical..

School Boy/Girl Captain Tom 1972's Avatar
    I think that post is completely offensive.

Smacks of complete pig-ignorance. If you want to get to know the personalities, watch the McGrath interview on "Enough Rope". You'll see that these are quality people you're commenting on and you're totally out of line.

Sheesh, they'll give anyone an internet connection.

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Congrats to both.

Must admit the thought did flash across my mind that it was maybe, possibly a wee bit soon after Jane's death? I'm not standing in judgement on how anyone copes with the grieving process and have no fixed idea of what the "correct" amount of time should be, but I will say that I'd have been slightly disquieted if my mum had remarried so soon after my dad had died.
    I think a factor was that Jane McGrath was battling cancer for what could have been ten years + , certainly there was a "terminal" prognosis at least a couple of times, that Jane McGrath bravely beat.

Perhaps all parties made peace quite early in their process and Jane McGrath would be delighted to see OhhAhh happy.

As I am.

International Vice-Captain robelinda's Avatar
    Yeah that Enough Rope interview was great. People seem to judge characters based on on-field battles, Glenn is miles from that steaming fast bowler in real life, anyone that saw that interview would have nothing but full admiration of him. Champ.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information