• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Looking for a story about Archie Jackson

Midwinter

State Captain
Summers here and the season is in full swing but I have a touch of melancholy occasionally

I have read a story about a player lending Archie Jackson a towel and Jackson buying a new one instead of returning the old one.

I can't remember where I read it or who wrote it
I have searched all my books for it to no avail.

Does anyone know who wrote it and where it has been published ?

Thanks

Midwinter

State Captain
Thanks

I don't remember reading that book tho'

Do you know who wrote the story or who the other player was ?

Riggins

International Captain
Neil Marks' father Alec Marks was the other player, who lent Archie the towel, according to the one in that book anyway. Not sure if there are other versions of the story but that's the only one I've heard/read.