• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the Test Matches II

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
UPDATE: Adelaide 6, Lords 4, Old Trafford 3.

At this stage a run-off looks possible. Still two and a half hours to go, so get your votes in!

Days of Grace

International Captain
Manchester, 1902

I am lucky enough to own a copy of Lionel Brown's Victor Trumper and the 1902 Australians and this match is what made Trumper's legend. A century before lunch on a shoddy pitch. Also great batting by Stanley Jackson and finally outstanding bowling by Trumble and Saunders to defend 123 in the 4th innings. The names on the team sheets make me wish I had a time machine.

morgieb

Ouch. I'm in a nasty conundrum. Although Adelaide recieved the most votes, it did not quite receive enough to get an outright majority. And with DOG's vote Lords and Old Trafford are tied for second. FMD. The true result of that battle will be decided later. I would appreciate it if ideas were given.

In the meantime, here's three great Australian tests for you to decide.

4th Test: Australia v England at Melbourne, Dec 26-30, 1982 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

2nd Test: South Africa v Australia at Johannesburg, Nov 17-21, 2011 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ausvind/engine/match/291352.html

Last edited:

Daemon

Definitely Johannesburg, Cummins's epic debut, Steyn's 4-fer, Philander's 5-fer, Clarke failure and of course that recovery from 165-5 chasing 310. Gun game.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Surely in the last battle, the one with most votes wins? Not what I voted for but...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Sydney was, in terms of impact on the sport, arguably one of the most important tests of the last two decades. Not in a good way tho, it's fair to say.

As a sporting contest, I'm going with Norman Cowans, AB & Thommo, Miller's rebound & all that: the MCG.

Last edited:

morgieb

Surely in the last battle, the one with most votes wins? Not what I voted for but...
If it were a two-way battle then of course, but I just feel that to make it to the next round, things should have a majority rather than a plurality. But if that is what most people want to do, then sure....

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Just keep it simple Morgie, and give it to the one with most votes. I understand why its not ideal when it doesn't have the majority of votes, but in a battle like this which unfortunately isn't getting a massive amount of votes (so far), just do most votes so we can get through the rounds.

morgieb

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Biased vote, but Cardiff. Pretty turd Test for 4 days but I don't think I've ever been quite as tense as I was on day five. Couldn't even bring myself to go the toilet between overs in case I missed a ball.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Biased vote, but Cardiff. Pretty turd Test for 4 days but I don't think I've ever been quite as tense as I was on day five. Couldn't even bring myself to go the toilet between overs in case I missed a ball.
Agreed, though when you get to my age I'm afraid the toilet breaks do need to be taken