• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the Test Matches II

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Don't forget your bowlers coming off after bowling an enervating 5 overs to get a drink, a towel down, coaching tips because they were incapable of independent thought and of course a fresh supply of Murray Mints to keep the ball reverse swinging.
Good to see that you're still sore about it.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Headingley.

Can't believe Chennai won the last one either, if I'd have thought it was a chance I'd have gone for Dunedin.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Why "can't believe it"? It was an India vs. Pakistan match that had excellent spin bowling, great batting, twists throughout the match and an epic finish.

The Oval was over in the blink of an eye and Burgey, who attended that match, tells me it wasn't that good itbt.

L Trumper

State Regular
Headingley.

Can't believe Chennai won the last one either, if I'd have thought it was a chance I'd have gone for Dunedin.
Eh! Ind Pak match for the first time in over a decade, Tendulkar played best innings of his life. Every session seems to go one way and reverse back in the next session. One of the greatest test matches ever played and in the context of - when, where- that is as good as it gets.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Eh! Ind Pak match for the first time in over a decade, Tendulkar played best innings of his life. Every session seems to go one way and reverse back in the next session. One of the greatest test matches ever played and in the context of - when, where- that is as good as it gets.
If Sachin had got India over the line I'd probably feel differently about it, but it looks like they collapsed in a heap with the line in sight when he went.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
If Sachin had got India over the line I'd probably feel differently about it, but it looks like they collapsed in a heap with the line in sight when he went.
Doesn't that make it all the more memorable though?

Also Bridgetown for this current round.