• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the Test Matches II

L Trumper

State Regular
you've got to be kidding me! Edgbaston vs Brisbane should be final. But since we are choosing it now, I'll go with Edgbaston. 4+ RPO through out the game and 40 wickets fell. It never happened before, and won't happen again.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Edgbaston. Great though the other games were, Edgbaston simply didn't have a dull moment. England's first innings was even greater than it even appears on the scorecard by being in the context of what had gone on a week previously and ditto their dismantling of the Aus batting because we all knew that they could add 200 for their last five wickets if they ever got going. Day 3 was possibly the best day of test cricket ever - Fred's one-legged assault in the morning, that over to remove Langer and Ponting and another dismantling of one of the best top 7s you could wish to see. And then the almost-horror of Day 4. Every session was unmissable, which cannot be said of virtually any other test match.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Feel I ought to agree with DoG, but I really can't see that cricket history would be very different if we didn't have that little urn, so Dunedin

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Edgbaston. Great though the other games were, Edgbaston simply didn't have a dull moment. England's first innings was even greater than it even appears on the scorecard by being in the context of what had gone on a week previously and ditto their dismantling of the Aus batting because we all knew that they could add 200 for their last five wickets if they ever got going. Day 3 was possibly the best day of test cricket ever - Fred's one-legged assault in the morning, that over to remove Langer and Ponting and another dismantling of one of the best top 7s you could wish to see. And then the almost-horror of Day 4. Every session was unmissable, which cannot be said of virtually any other test match.
Don't forget your bowlers coming off after bowling an enervating 5 overs to get a drink, a towel down, coaching tips because they were incapable of independent thought and of course a fresh supply of Murray Mints to keep the ball reverse swinging.