• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the Test Matches II

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The denoument at Edgbaston was amazing but looked at in the round it wasn't a good game - very close with the other two, but will go for Colombo

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Edgbaston

For Brearley top scoring in the first knock, if nothing else.

Almost as remarkable an escape as Headingley, in its way tho.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah Colombo. Only not remembered as an epic compared to other tests because of the two teams it involves and where it was played.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Madras 1986. Result be damned, Border's kick to the proverbial nuts of Jones' ego made this Test.

Also criminally under documented in this game is Matthews taking a five-fer while wearing a ****ing jumper.

Last edited:

grecian

Madras 1986. Result be damned, Border's kick to the proverbial nuts of Jones' ego made this Test.

Also criminally under documented in this game is Matthews taking a five-fer while wearing a ****ing jumper.
Tbf all my best moments have been in a ****ing jumper

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Bridgetown.

Ambrose & Walsh in excelsis. I also think I'm right in saying it was the first ever test between the Windies and SA too; the apartheid version of the latter opting not to play any team made up of non-whites even before their isolation.

fredfertang

Bridgetown, for cricketing reasons as well as the non-cricketing ones, though had Sachin's efforts got India over the line that might have changed my view